PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a camshaft for my stock 110 and I'm wondering if its even worth it in a power difference? I had a hyper cam a while back on my stocker and it made a world of difference but this time I'm just going with a trailbikes cam.

Anybody add a TB cam to their stock 110?

If you have, is it worth it?

Thanks,

Nik

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
well if you had it before on a stocker you should kno how much power it added but yes the tb will add some power to your bike.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
agreed... but the S10 Hyper cam is about the biggest flat tappet production cam you can use in the stock head with out any mods.

Other wise I'd toss in a YX cam.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
up4da4nal said:
I had a stock 110 with a cam on it from trailbikes and found that it only works if u have footpeg mounts on ur bike man :rolleyes:

is your screen name "up for the anal"????

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I would find a Hyper cam or YX cam. The trail bikes cam for the stock head don't do much. If you want to buy a used TB cam I have one I'll sell you shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
TB cam not much gain, go with the Tak K10.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I've tried running a BBR cam in a stocker (stock exhuast with a drilled out head pipe) and it ran worse than stock. And yes... it was installed properly, with the valves set at 2-3 thousandths, and I rejetted the carb, then tried it with the stock jetting too. It sucked! My race bike has a stock motor with a first gen BBR D-Section pipe with the same BBR cam, and it's way stronger than stock.

The point is not to run a cam unless you are running an aftermarket pipe. Stock pipe= stock cam. ---L*64

·
Registered
179 Posts
BBR and TBROS cams are the same spec, and they are both pretty high lift and duration. Definitely a noticeable difference in the beginning of midrange to top end, very good cam('s) imo. Gives a nice choppy thump to the motor too with the stock flywheel/centrifigul clutch. My buddy bbrklx110 has got a bbr cam, pancake filter, akunar piston, and bbr pipe, and for a stock displacement motor it rips pretty good! To be honest, i prefer the stock cam due to the low to midrange torque combined with my akunar piston. A cam really wakes the motor up in the sound area too, sounds pretty wicked.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a TB cam with stock motor and FMF 4.1 When I put the cam in it gave it some more bottom good for tight tracks to get out of corners good, I also put a 48t On the back I might go back to stock gearing for long track, But it made a good differnce for the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts