PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, got the TB 88 kit in, piston moves up and down fine, cam chain turns OK and in a straight line, lined up the T on the flywheel and checked the piston to make sure it's TDC (it is)...when I go to put the cam sprocket in, it feels like the cam chain is 1/2 link short and wont line up center to the cam!!!.. any ideas???...aaaarrrg, this has been driving me nuts for the last 2 hours....please dont tell me to rip it all apart again!!!

:evil: << hat thrown in disgust.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Buuuuuwhahahhahahhhahahahhahahaha!

The cam chain tensioner strikes again!

Don't feel too bad. On every motor I've built in the last two years has always started on the first or second kick. Just put a new cam in my TB motor (rocks by the way, more details to come later) and I couldn't get the bike to fire.

Doh, had the kill switch OFF! Turned the bike on, started first kick....

·
Registered
31 Posts
if the stock gear has the timing mark in the same place i would use it. tb one has rough lathe marks on the side and chews on the thrust surface on the cam cover. while youre in there check/replace rollers for timing chain (OLDSCHOOL). hd timing chain is easy to do now too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.