PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

when my bike is in neutral and idleing and i snap the throttle quickly it just goes BWAAAaaaa... and almost dies. when its in gear and im riding it runs great. i was just wondering if everybody's bikes do this or am i too lean/ rich on my needle?

my setup:

88cc kit

high comp piston

big port/ big valve head

20mm intake matched to 20mm carb with 84 main and

clip 2nd from bottom

DMC exhaust

like i said, the bike runs great, in fact i can barley keep the front wheel on the ground. so maybe its just normal to do that when it's not under a load?

thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does it bogg down when you are riding slow and then crack the throttle wide open? if so... then maybe the main jet is to big. The 20 mm carb is somewhat big for having the stock head. how does it run when it is idleing and you pull the throttle halfway? If it boggs then too, that would indicate you need to adjust your needle height. Anyone else go some opinions. Ohh.. check your plug.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the head isn't stock. its a big dome race head similar to the classic honda head. it has oversize valves and 20 mm ports.

it does it a little bit when i snap half-throttle but not nearly as much. it strange because when im riding, it never gives me any trouble...

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah ive got a xr650 and my bro has a xr250 and they both do that as well as my 50. you've just gotta roll it on. our 2 strokes love it though. if anyone has made their 50 more responsive to quick wrist turns, let us know how to do it.

cheers

·
1,973 Posts
gudang said:
yeah ive got a xr650 and my bro has a xr250 and they both do that as well as my 50. you've just gotta roll it on. our 2 strokes love it though. if anyone has made their 50 more responsive to quick wrist turns, let us know how to do it.

cheers

I dont have one... but I would say that an 'inner rotor' kit should do the trick for you.

·
Registered
438 Posts
an inner rotor kit as well as turning down your stator will give you quiker throttle response, but will not cure the boggin sound that he is desrcibing, as it is two different issues here.

First on a four stroke you will get a bit of hesitatoin unlike a two stroke. The boggin you describe sounds like you might be running a little rich. You can try your air screw a bit but it is hard to get rid of this completely. Mainly because of the bigger carb and bore kit, and becasue it is like desrcibed a 4 stroke. I would maybe go donw one on the pilot and maybe try your air screw a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.