PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need to the forum and have search around, but most info and links are pretty dated, so I thought I’d ask again.

I just picked this 1990 BW80 up the other day. New top end, and it started right up when I bought it. Got it home, fixed the intake boot, and took it for a spin. Some carb issues and it was running way rich, but otherwise fine. Then I let my son take it for a spin and it died 5 min in. I had spark, so I figured bad carb.

Cleaned and clew out the carb, regapped the plug, reinstalled the reeds the correct way, and cleaned all the electrical contacts.

Nothing.

I checked the resistance (thanks to this site) on everything, and it looks like both the CDI box and coil are out of spec. Ok, I’ll buy new ones. Nbd.

Problem is, where can you get them?? Everything I see is for PW 80’s and the wiring is different. I can put new plugs on them, but the stator wires aren’t clearly marked from most of the aftermarket units.

Any help will be appreciated!

TIA,
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both parts available, right HERE
Thanks, I saw that, but was wondering if you all had made mods to improve spark or make them less likely to burn out. The wiring isn’t complex, but all the aftermarket CDI boxes don’t denote which 2 wires go to the stator, and I’d rather not burn that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts