PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I just got the cr85 and it's my first mx bike after coming up from a 110.. and Im not good with the clutch but I was very surprised how easy it was for me to shift and mess around on my cr85. Just have to get use to the powerband, but I did install a new fatty and silencer exhaust system which gives me more low end. And I absolutely love it. Def not having a lot of experience with 2 strokes, power and clutch.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Couple winters ago, I went through this stage that those klx125 conversions looked sweet. So I bought a klx125L, bought kx85 forks and installed them and put the 17in tire and bought a klx125 14in rear tire and put on a Pro Circuit exhaust, that was awesome, and still to this day the girl I sold it wont sell it back lol

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
she has no intentions of becoming a racer, and the jumps on my 50s track scare her she hasnt even riden my track!

id like her to have a mx bike so we dont have to mess around with stiffer springs on the stock forks but the Race bikes are just too fast for her note this will be her first bike

id love to build a hybrid bike for her but if would have to be done without her knowing and thats just not possible!

watch this space maybe i can find a 85 with a blown motor on the good ol craigslist and poke a crf150f/klx140 motor in there

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
picked up a mint 07 crf150rb 2nd one we looked at 1st one was advertised as mint condition but the bike really showed its age apart from some new bolt on parts like a fmf pipe and top bar clamp and it had been well used test ride went well and i was shocked at how smooth the power was, then we saw the second 150r and this this probably has around 10hours on it and its been trail riden i test rode it and it was alot more powerful than the other its all stock apart from the bars, asv's and plastics it also come with the stock plastics that are also in great condition

pics will come later im using a tablet thingy while the laptop is being fixed

21 - 25 of 25 Posts