PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I bought an 04 crf50 and while I was riding it around yesterday I noticed one of the bushings on my +1 forks was missing.

I know my way around sport bikes but I am new to the mini scene so I have a few questions.

I dont know what brand of bushings or anything aftermarket on the forks for that matter. I was told +1 forks so that means they sit 1 inch higher right? So what was added? Stiffer springs and bushings? Anything else?

I guess I just want to know what to replace? Do I just need a bushing and shove it up where the other one fell out? Should I replace both? Is is that easy or is there more to it?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: the plastic thing at the bottom of the shaft where the spring ends is the bushing right? lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Get a set of derlin bushings. You can find them at a few places but just ordered a set from 50stunt.com for about $30. They also have videos on how to change them out on their site. You can do it yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the video. That helped a ton. Thanks

Apparently I am only missing the dust guard, not the bushing. Feel kind of dumb.. lol. I suppose I will be okay without it huh? Hmm

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
theres no oil in stock forks so its not going to mess anything up

its a dust seal, your fork leg might get some grease on it but nothing thats gonna hurt

you can order it from your local honda store if you need it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts