PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to build an 88 race motor for my 50. The motor is a stock 2003 xr70 motor. I want my bike to be competitive but I am not trying to spend a lot... Tell me what you think!

So far I plan for:

TB 88 Race Head

TB Oil Cooler

Manual Clutch Kit (Either TB or Brand X)

AHP Head Breather Kit

20mm Carb

Should I change anything or keep it how it is?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trail bikes new race head, takegawa Regular head 88 piston( have to run a cut honda head gasket), PD22 carb or the VM24, takegawa inner rotor and heavy duty clutch, plus run a takegawa 50 cam in that head also, you just have to use a set of stock 50 rockers. same setup in my 88 and it'll smoke bbr 110 super pro stroker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Trail bikes new race head, takegawa Regular head 88 piston( have to run a cut honda head gasket), PD22 carb or the VM24, takegawa inner rotor and heavy duty clutch, plus run a takegawa 50 cam in that head also, you just have to use a set of stock 50 rockers. same setup in my 88 and it smoked a bbr 110 super pro stroker.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Motoracer216 said:
Trail bikes new race head, takegawa Regular head 88 piston( have to run a cut honda head gasket), PD22 carb or the VM24, takegawa inner rotor and heavy duty clutch, plus run a takegawa 50 cam in that head also, you just have to use a set of stock 50 rockers. same setup in my 88 and it smoked a bbr 110 super pro stroker.

How much HP am I looking at with that setup?

I am looking for a good amount of HP for cheap. Not trying to spend over $450......

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
xr70racer said:
How much HP am I looking at with that setup?

I am looking for a good amount of HP for cheap. Not trying to spend over $450......

for that price it wont be the ultimate 88. IMO get a tak 88+R

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Get the tb 88 racehead kit, manual clutch, head breather, port your head(not polish). You will have plenty of power. If you want to make it rev a little faster get the IRK. You don't have to get the cooler but don't forget the hv oil pump.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
TB Race head with cam and 51mm crank

Powroll high compression CRF70 47mm piston

TM24 flatslide carb

Clutch and flywheel setup are up to you

Get the head ported

Freak your friends out with an '88' motor (actually 86cc) that romps right from idle.

If you aren't class restricted to 88cc, TB108 kit, ding perf is done on the cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.