PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have a 88 kit on my 50 its a takegwa

and i have a oil cooler and have a race head but its the 23/20

so i only need a crank and piston correct?

and bigger oil pump right?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
no no you dont need a bigger carb if you dont want too...a 26 is too much for a 108. talked to FPM and TB and a 20/22 is just fine for a 108. Its all on tuning and what you do. You may want a 24 though. You should already have an oil pump on an 88kit. piston matched to the 23/20 head and then a TB crank. and a 52mm gasket set. gonna sell your 88 kit or no cause prolly keeping the cylinder ya?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i here 20 is ok but 24 helps with top end so ok

and hmm im not sure if i have a oil pump on my 88

and right now the race head isn't installed just sitting

and all it has is the valves installed on the head

i still need a cam and what ever else a head need sorry dont mean to sound like a noob

soo as far as cam and stuff i need to install my head what do u all recommend?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
oh thats why u asked me about that cam...I decided to keep it cause Im not going to buy the 189 from FPM...ya 24 is good for top end but 26 is just too big thats better for 117/124 or a 28 for a 124...granted Ive never ran them Im going off what FPM and others on here said. I am building a 108 this weekend too. Just waiting on a head gasket...I want bottom end thats why I went for a 20mm carb and wanted 189 cam...you have valves, rockers, springs? HD clutch is needed for that displacement so Im hearing.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
189 is good for bottom end and I use my for stunting so thats why i was gonna sell my race cam and get the 189. Damn i hate to say it but the head sounds like it needs well everything. you may wanna just buy one and sell that. cam is 60, Internals are $45, carb, intake is $100, gasket kit $45(has carb stuff and all gaskets so you can do the clutch). Thats already $245+shipping and getting it all installed or having the head assembled. OR take sell your 88 kit(get 100 for it, I got 120 for my Tak FTP kit) and spend $350 getting a complete 88 rh kit fully ready and assembled... so thats $250 or so your paying all new stuff

HD auto clutch ive heard is a must cause they can well blow up. Someone even said the HD on a 108 can blow them up. Thats why they now make the billet basket for them. IDK im going to run my HD clutch for now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i heard u dont need a better clutch and i dont ride hard so i think i will be cool on stock

and just need to get head internals i guess i just dont know what cam to run low end or top end???

think im going to throw in a 4 speed and a clutch when i get the money

hmm i wonder how the 20 mm carb will do on a 23/20 head give me more bottom end for cut me short??

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
what kinda riding you doin with it. See it all depends...Im using a 20 and a 189 cam for low end for stunting. trails you may want more top end and tracks idk prolly both...bbr 88 kit comes with a 26 so it all depends

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
prolly... just go with the racehead cam and the vm24 which is the 4 stroke one...if u really want top end get the tm or whatever the flatslide carb is

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
no flat slides have more from what I understand. Idk the price difference to be honest.half the stuff I get new I get at dealer cost and half I dont. Depending if tucker rocky or parts unlimited carry or not. So I really dont know. Carbs though I know are a lot cheaper used. Ive spent 2wks researching and talkin to FPM about what todo for me and stunting. And now all of a sudden I decided I dont want to use this whole 52mm top end and race head. For that matter I dont know what todo with the 20mm keihin carb kit i just got. I kinda want a 117 since cheaper than a 124. Same time Idk lol....i change my mind soooo much

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was going to get a 108, then Firepower had a deal at the time with a free upgrade to a 117 with free installation, cant beat that! However, if your going to go with a 108, the 24mm carb is the best option imo, my friends tak 106 with the 24 runs great. But my 117 smashes on him for less money too! the 26mm also works well, I believe I saw one for sale in the classfields for $90 not to long ago.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts