PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a way to determine build date by frame number? I'm looking to replace the missing vin tag on my 69 Z50, but I have no idea as to the build month.

Is there a database somewhere? Any help/info is greatly appreciated. Looking to bring this one back to original. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Your bike might have never had a vin tag. Is there rivet holes? If not, it might be a silver tag Z50.
Post your vin #. Or the first 4 digits at least. Someone might have a close number and can give you some info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering if there is a way to determine build date by frame number? I'm looking to replace the missing vin tag on my 69 Z50, but I have no idea as to the build month.

Is there a database somewhere? Any help/info is greatly appreciated. Looking to bring this one back to original. Thank you!
Ask to [email protected], Z50A he has reliable and exact information

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine is 2061xx frame and tank stamped 8 28 69, black tag 9/69, listed on MSO as a 1970 model. Like kirrby says check your frame date- remove the back wheel,it's stamped on the back side of the rear axle mount back side of the serial number. Tank has it bottom side of rear mount under the rubber pad. 300 some difference between bikes? probably next day of production or 2nd at most IMHO.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Amber Motor vehicle Gas Machine Metal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts