PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have heard of the PLASTIC kickstart gears on SDGs breaking.

Everybody, I think we should all e-mail companies (SDG itself, and MotoXtreme) and tell them that they should make metal kick start gears.

Everyone, please e-mail [email protected] and ask them for metal gears, and e-mail [email protected] and tell them that the new bikes should come with metal kickstart gears and the ones with plastic gears should be recalled and fixed for free.

Strength in numbers!!!!

Thanks

BTW, if you own a SDG, and aren't part of the Yahoo SDG owner's group, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/sdgowners/ JOIN IT!!!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
and what is this I hear about water seeping into the cases and causing the pistons to seize? Geez, what a great design.

Ridin Chineese!

·
Registered
462 Posts
CHINESE $#!+!!!!

I RETRACT THIS STATEMENT

G

·
sanowill said:
You guys are suppose to bump start them :)
Lets leave that to flat tracking. lol. I told a friend to wait atleast a few months to see what was happening with them. I'll bet he's glad he waited.

·
Registered
462 Posts
BTW KEV, REAL KEWL JACKIN PIMPINDAHOES AVATOR

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You can barely make out the SDG part.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The whole problem is people spray their air filters, and water goes into the cylinder and it siezes. Calm down people, if you spray water into the filter on your XR, then it's going to have similar problems.

Kevin

·
Registered
328 Posts
ya but the filters are so crappy on the sgd you mide-as-well take it of a then spray water in the carb... If you have a foam filter with some filter oil on it it will reflict alot of the water of and only a small amount will leak in. well thats my theary any way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kev,

What the hell are you talking about plastic kicker gears? I'm not sure on the SDG since i've never had one apart but I do know alot about the xtremes. There is no plastic kicker gear in there. I would find it difficult to believe that one would stay together on either of these bikes since the compression is so high. What gear are you complaining about? Also, why would you tell people to complain to moto-xtreme when they don't make the thing? They are just a shop doing work on them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
909 said:
What the hell are you talking about plastic kicker gears? I'm not sure on the SDG since i've never had one apart but I do know alot about the xtremes. There is no plastic kicker gear in there.

More like what the hell are you talking about?

He never said anything about Xtremes, only SDG bikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
909 said:
Kev,

What the hell are you talking about plastic kicker gears? I'm not sure on the SDG since i've never had one apart but I do know alot about the xtremes. There is no plastic kicker gear in there. I would find it difficult to believe that one would stay together on either of these bikes since the compression is so high. What gear are you complaining about? Also, why would you tell people to complain to moto-xtreme when they don't make the thing? They are just a shop doing work on them.

I was talking about SDGs. SDGs and Xtremes are two completely different engines, so don't get them confused. And I wasn't asking to complain to moto-xtreme, i was hoping people would e-mail them and ask them if they would be making a replacement metal starter gear in the future, if a bunch of people asked then they would probably make it.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.