PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alpine Dam. Hell of a dam road.

At the top you can go left for Mt. Tam (I've been caught up there waiting for car commercials to let me by, I'm sure the helicopter caught me in a few shots...). OR you can go right which is an awesome little goat trail of a road and it spits you out right at Bolinas. From there left to Stinson or right to Pt. Reyes. I used to live in Fairfax so I've taken that dam road a hundred times...beautiful every time.

Last week I made a loop up to Berryessa and then to Clear Lake and down through Calistoga on the Grom. I'll have to upload that soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alpine Dam. Hell of a dam road.

At the top you can go left for Mt. Tam (I've been caught up there waiting for car commercials to let me by, I'm sure the helicopter caught me in a few shots...). OR you can go right which is an awesome little goat trail of a road and it spits you out right at Bolinas. From there left to Stinson or right to Pt. Reyes. I used to live in Fairfax so I've taken that dam road a hundred times...beautiful every time.

Last week I made a loop up to Berryessa and then to Clear Lake and down through Calistoga on the Grom. I'll have to upload that soon.
Thats a long loop. I like tighter turns. I have a house in Soda bay on clear lake. Calistoga would be great except for all the cars. I was thinking about boonville,Stewart's point,Ukiah to fort Bragg.hwy 1, just getting back on my feet. Looking forward to some grom meet ups. Keep vids ands pics coming.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Thats a long loop. I like tighter turns. I have a house in Soda bay on clear lake. Calistoga would be great except for all the cars. I was thinking about boonville,Stewart's point,Ukiah to fort Bragg.hwy 1, just getting back on my feet. Looking forward to some grom meet ups. Keep vids ands pics coming.
Bill, you and Marc live in the area I love to ride in. I know of a few roads that are good for bikes with long legs but to find any Grom twistys, I have to kind of explore and find them by accident. If you know of some Grom roads that are reasonably paved and moderately traffic free, lets do it! October is the best riding month!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bill, you and Marc live in the area I love to ride in. I know of a few roads that are good for bikes with long legs but to find any Grom twistys, I have to kind of explore and find them by accident. If you know of some Grom roads that are reasonably paved and moderately traffic free, lets do it! October is the best riding month!
How about old San Jose rd off soquel

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its hard to beat HWY1 the tighter the better for Grom. I really like the alpine loop. The new asphalt is killer. Im up for a mid week ride. Im in no shape for a heated ride. just getting back on feet. If you want to discuss......call me.

I found a black grom cheap. any of your friends want one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts