PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I didn't want say anything till it was in my garage but someone the town over from me told me they would sell this bike to me. Well I picked it up today! Its in good shape, its been ridden and cleaned up but for a 1984 it looks good. He told me it was gone through and doesn't have too much time on the motor but its winterized and I am going to leave it as is for now. Ive always wanted one of these since BBR built a sick one and I now Ive got one. I don't have any real plans for it. Once my friends sons are racing 65s I want them to race this in the vintage class. Going to get another set of # plates eventually with my # on them and would like to build a gold set of wheels. I think it runs the same front wheel as a CRF70. I don't think I stole it but paid on the lower end of the value scale. What would you say its worth to someone who really needs/wants it?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yikes that was an awesome find! The condition looks literally amazing given the age and not paying an arm and a leg for it! I'd say that's a keeper there, not too many to be found in that nice of shape. Honda has probably the best following so if you get a Honda fan wanting it, you'll make some coin on it for sure. I'd hang onto it though, and I'm not even a Honda fan lol (5 suzukis in my garage).

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yikes that was an awesome find! The condition looks literally amazing given the age and not paying an arm and a leg for it! I'd say that's a keeper there, not too many to be found in that nice of shape. Honda has probably the best following so if you get a Honda fan wanting it, you'll make some coin on it for sure. I'd hang onto it though, and I'm not even a Honda fan lol (5 suzukis in my garage).
He sold his rm50 a little while back (I would have bought it if I had known) but the guy didn't want the rm50 roller he has. It has nice wheels, tank is in fair shape, plastics are faded and he has good fork tubes that are not installed along with extra goodies. He wants $200 for it so If I find a RM50 thats more complete or has a good engine I know where to find the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tmas - doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Little more rough but there for the most part and not destroyed. I may need your help for one of the next Hondas I want. QR50

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pops bought me a CR60 as my first "real" MX bike when I was 8-9 maybe... I crashed my brains out on that thing, didn't wanna look at a dirt bike ever again after launching it into a fence learning to use a manual clutch. Would love to get another to restore and put in my basement. tmas, I have a QR50 in my shed, need to get it going for my 4yo son, I built him a CRF50 stocker last fall out of spare parts but he needs a 2 stroke too :)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Awesome find Jarrett. My local dealer has 2 of them left over in crates. Mint and never put together. Since you have the bike and don't plan on selling can I ask what you did pay for it? I would never sell. The power band on those hit hard and erratic.nothing like a kx 60

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's a very clean one

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/4897811737.html

I paid $800 and think I got a fair price. I think I could turn around and get 1200 but I'm not interested in doing that. I also think it's one of few bikes that will slowly increase in value. What fascinates me about this bike is they only made it for two years like the trx70 (I have one of this to). But what if they never stopped making it and imagine a current day CR65?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm not sure if he would be interested in selling one but I can assure you the price would be high. I will find out more info and try and get pics for yall

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.