PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to leave out the sellers name because im still giving him the chance to make it right. here is the story.

A while back I bought an sdg engine from someone stating it needed clutches and came with them. he said it ran great, just clutch slipped. I didnt tear into it for weeks, and when I did, I was astonished. the clutch felt/looked fine, but the oil slinger wasnt there! It looks like someone cut it apart to use the spacer, and then put the nut on to hold the assembly. there is about 1/2" space between spacers, which allows the gears to move, and all of itto move. He told me he rode it, it ran great. I started it, it BARELY IDLES, makes TONS of noise, and knocks so lound you couldnt possbily mistake it for anythign else. Im asking for 50-60 bucks back. I paid 180 for the motor. as it sits, its junk. I bought the parts it needed, came to 75 bucks for spacers, slinger, proper staror, etc for over 100 bucks, and am asking him to step up and give me a partial refund. Am I out of line? the damage in the engine would have been apparant. If he didnt realize it, he have to be deaf, and be used toholding massivly vibrating things. I just want to fix the motor. do you think Im being reasonable guys? If not, Ill shut up and absorb the cost myself. I was happy with the external shape of the motor, but inside is a wreck. It needed a basket, slinger, stator cleanring, clutch cover was badly grooved, all spacers for crank, and gaskets. what whoud you do? I like the guy, but I think he must have known there was an issue to sell it. give me some input!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup he would give you something not sure about all of it but a good part of what you had to buy to make it work. Or a refund plus shipping one way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I thought. keep the replies coming. ill show him this thread, and see what happens. I think 50 dollars back is fair considering its costing 2x that to fix.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent the seller a link to the thread. Whether he replies, I dont know, If he refuses a partial refund, Im going to post his name and leave him a negative trader review.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You should, that will help others realize pm is not a place to dump your broken or unwanted garbage (unless you list it as "broken" or damaged with a matching low price).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he has offered me a 40 dollar refund. well see if it comes, at least its part of what I need to fix it, thanks for the input, I really hate seeing a community with a problem like this

·
Registered
480 Posts
Broken things are only good in "I spy" forums. But you are being 100% reasonable, you didnt know that the motor was crap and he did know he was selling a pile...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts