PlanetMinis Forums banner

bore kit question

858 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  five0addict 
#1 ·
I'm going to be buying a fifty pretty soon now and I want to get more power out of it, but I dont want it to be loud because then the neighbors get pist. Would it be bad to get a bore kit and keep the stock pipe? Also if I got a takegawa S-stage kit, is that all you need or do you need to buy more parts to make it work?

#4 ·
Itll still be pretty quiet though, nothing like adding a pipe, then it gets loud. And also, like Z88 said, screw the Take S-stage and check out the TrailBikes kits, way more bang for your buck.

#5 ·
If I got this bore kit can you tell me if I would need anything else other than an oil pump kit? This is everything that it has:

TB 88cc Bore Kit - 88-04 Models

88cc Big Bore Performance Kit (52mm):

- Lightweight aluminum cylinder with steel sleeve

- Cast in mounts on cylinder for aftermarket skid plates

- Oversized cooling fins on cylinder for efficient heat dissipation

- High compression 52mm piston with rings, pin, & clips

- Head gasket kit

Thanks a lot for all of your help!

#6 ·
I really recomend you look at the next model up, the one for $275, its actually a better deal because it comes with a 20mm carb to really let your motor breath and also a much more aggresive cam.

But aside from the oil pump the only other things you would need would be some HD clutch springs.

#7 ·
Then again, I just installed a TB 88 kit on my buddies bike with an oil pump, 20mm carb, race cam and race head and it rips! All of this for $448 and if you were going to be buying an expensive S-stage already. You should be able to afford this right? This will blow away an S-stage kit big time. The quality of this TB kit is just a good as Takegawa and Kitaco in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.