PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ,

I just received my Chinese Boom 125cc (125-8). I knew what I was getting into with this junk but for the price I bought it. Mainly to thrash around , practice wheelies and teach my 13 yr old how to ride.

With the lack of power it's good for the latter. However , I expected for bolts and certain parts to be cheap , I didn't expect after 5 miles for the clutch link to break off. LMAO

Do you guys have any suggestions ? I've been googling for any linkage kits or clutch mods. I'm thinking the SSR Razkull clutch kit might work for the plates. Any suggestions on how to adjust it. The friction zone sucks ass to say the least as well.

Thanks and sorry for the winded first post.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
You can try reaching out to Pete at
he sells them and most assuredly has replacement parts for them.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Not sure what "friction zone give" is, but you're referrring to clutch "free play" there should only be a nickel's width between the perch and lever before you feel the lever starting to pull on the cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I meant that the clutch even when fully pressed still felt as if it were engaged a bit. But not sure if that had to do with the linkage problem. Pete did say he will send me a "direct shifter" . I'll probably also upgrade the clutch pack while I'm at it.

And thanks for that visual. Helps a ton

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
You might need to adjust at the clutch cover end of the cable, is it a crank-mounted or mainshaft-mounted clutch assembly? A clear pic of the clutch cover area would be a big help.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Is the clutch linkage you are referring to the shift lever linkage? I had the same model and if it’s the shift lever mine had a direct mount lever that you said is being sent to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the clutch linkage you are referring to the shift lever linkage? I had the same model and if it’s the shift lever mine had a direct mount lever that you said is being sent to you.
Ya shift lever linkage. Pete said "I'll send you the 'direct shifter and problem solved"

You might need to adjust at the clutch cover end of the cable, is it a crank-mounted or mainshaft-mounted clutch assembly? A clear pic of the clutch cover area would be a big help.
@drtbkr188

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
It's a crank-mounted clutch setup, if you remove the round cover with the two screws, you should see something similar to the pic below. The actuator adjustment procedure should be similar on your engine. You then fine tune the adjustment at the perch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a crank-mounted clutch setup, if you remove the round cover with the two screws, you should see something similar to the pic below. The actuator adjustment procedure should be similar on your engine. You then fine tune the adjustment at the perch.

View attachment 273227
Freakin Aye !! Thanks for that . Can't wait for the hardware. Here's a pic of the bike. I rode her 4 miles ..... Now I'm going to change the oil and inspect everything. I had to take it out though as is. I mean.....

BTW it's a S125D-A engine

View attachment 273228

·
Registered
616 Posts
You will definitely prefer the direct mount shift lever feel over the linkage set up. I tend to remove the linkage set up on all the bikes we have had with them (KLX/DRZ125’s & TTR125’s).

This is probably the shift lever you are being sent:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Would this bike be close to the Razkull? I'm assuming so. There's a ton of Razkull parts I can find. I'm also assuming most 1st Gen grom parts would be able to fit (even if it takes a bit of modifications). I don't mind modifications so as long as I do it right and solid. And I mean for tail tidy, integrated tail light. Clutch levers etc.

I'll start opening it up tonight to see what I find.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think so. Picked mine up in a trade after the first owner wrecked it lightly but in looking at the two, they look basically identical to me. I didn’t end up keeping the bike to long thou.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man this thing is definitely made in China. Haha. Bolts and screws falling off and just nonsense.

I had to remove the exhaust to drain the oil. So stupid. The drain plug runs right into it. My new exhaust comes next week. Also found garbage in it.

Haven't received the shifter but I managed to stabilize the link system pretty good. At least I can break it in now. Adjusted the clutch and it's so much better now. Also got the idle adjusted.

Eventually I'll do the mukuni carb but for now the lack of power is perfect to teach my 13 yr old 👍🏼 . And bond cursing the damn thing out doing simple oil changes.

The chain is way to tight though and can't be loosened . Wheel looks as far as it can go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts