PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few YouTube information videos I think I am getting on the right track cornering..

I still need to sort out my suspension though to be competitive though. I put a fresh pair of tt92's on and that did help a bit. I am having a problem with my tight corner exits. I am exiting to wide at a racing pace. It has improved since I have adjusted my body positioning going into and coming out but the bike still wants to drift wide.

I read that I need to get the rebound and compression damping tuned in on the rear shock and this should help lots. I just get confused when it comes to turning the screws.

I also found some good info here about the front forks I will need to look into...

Here are 2 pics of my first race day before researching body positioning and the next race day after the research..

I still have a lot to learn and it will be challenging and a lot of fun to say the least.. Glad I'm not doing this on a bigger bike. If I were I would bet I would not be here typing this right now..

First time out..

Second time out..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Body position looks pretty damn good in the 2nd pic. Best tip I ever got for body position was try to kiss the mirrors. LOL

Sounds funny but if you imagine your bike has mirrors and you put yourself in a position to try and kiss em damned if it doesnt put you right where you wanna be LOL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
burnoutboy said:
Body position looks pretty damn good in the 2nd pic. Best tip I ever got for body position was try to kiss the mirrors. LOL

That is very close to the information I got off YouTube. One guy said put your face were the mirror would be.. It sure helped a lot!!! Also getting your knee out and down is key too.. I have the twist of the wrist 2 DVD coming so I'm sure I will get some more pointers on breaking and everything else..

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah, good info posted already! Practice, practice, practice!! That is the best at going fast, and also look into a racing school of some sort. I took one more the 10 years ago with my old R6 and it helped me out when I didn't know a thing about riding on the track.

That 2nd pic looks better for sure!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fireman_343 said:
Yeah, good info posted already! Practice, practice, practice!!

Thanks fireman!!

The problem is the closest track to me is 180 miles away.:( I hate the drive after driving all week 8hr's a day..

That is the best at going fast, and also look into a racing school of some sort

This I can and will do at some point. I have to check with the school here in Vegas and see what size bike I need..

That 2nd pic looks better for sure!!

Amazing what a little instruction can do..:D

By the way what did it cost to have your forks reworked by 35 Motorsports? You seem to really like them..

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
burnoutboy said:

Sounds funny but if you imagine your bike has mirrors and you put yourself in a position to try and kiss em damned if it doesnt put you right where you wanna be LOL.

yep...kiss the mirrors...you basically want your chin above your elbows

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
firepower354 said:
Outside knee might knock a seagull, if you don't pull it in a bit;)

Dude..it is hot in those leathers...he must have ventilation mesh near the sack....but I know the leathers you wear usually do not have a backside.....lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts