PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do bmx bars fit on mx clamps ok? I'm thinking of getting a bmx bar to replace my mx bar.

If it does work and someone has a bmx bar in good condition they wanna sell, let me know. Has to be super cheap!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
no, but you wouldnt want it like that anyway, it would be so tall and hard to ride. if you want it taller get some mini plays, or that style. there like 40$ new on classichonda.

go ride a bmx style kit and then add 3"

·
Registered
229 Posts
if you want to try bmx bars for free wait around until garbage day and cruise the streets to see if you can find an old bmx bike getting thrown out.. you can just take the bars off it and see if it fits good, then use them for a bit unless you decide you want a good pair of the same style/bend

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i sure hope ur 7 ft+ tall cus that setup is gunna be HIGH

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hey akfiddy, just cuz there are 7/8s doesnt mean that they are automatically gunna fit, the reason is cuz most of the mx clamps have the mounts alot further apart then the bmx mounts, that usally why they would have a different type for each kind of bar, the bmx bars dont have a very wide mounting part, im not sayin that they would never fit it just depends on the size

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.