PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a quick stop at my local honda dealer, about 4 hours of work, and about 50 bux i now have a bar kit :) My throttle cable is, infact, too short though.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
you know that you can run the throttle cable on the throttle side right?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
gomerpile2525 said:
you know that you can run the throttle cable on the throttle side right?
ya,like gomer said, the stock cable should be long enough. Run the throttle cable under the frame and out to the right(when sitting on bike) and it should definitely be long enough. I had a bmx bar kit on my old 50 and did it that way and it was long enough, and my bars were as tall if not taller then yours

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
thorwarrior915 said:
[quote name='mxracer728']looks good. missin a chain adjuster huh?

You guys are rediculously nit picky of anybodies bike. 8O I'm not saying you personally mxracer728, but whenever a pic is posted its always....you are missing a valve stem cap...or, your chain needs lube.[/quote]ya, i know what u mean, but I meant it in a way of asking what happened to it

·
Registered
462 Posts
that looks EXACTLY like the setup i made for my old z50, i used the stock plate with a set of 300ex or 400ex atv clamps (cant remember which, either will work, atc110 clamps will also work) and on the z50 plate, the holes are closer together, so i could put them on there and a set of bmx bars slide right down in there and bolted in fine. DO NOT TRY THIS ON A XR50 UNLESS YOU DRILL THE HOLES CLOSER TOGETHER!!!!!!! I know someone who did it and just left the clamps angled and it snapped them off and he nearly ate crap on a jump when he landed and they broke....it was even funnier watching him ride home with only one bolt holding his bars to the plate. on my z50 the throttle cabel was long enough, so it should be on a xr50, my brake cable was also long enough, so again it should be the same on an xr50. just letting you know! o and thor, he said it was a honda dealer, not a yamaha dealer!

·
Registered
462 Posts
o yah, and the whole thing costed me only 5 bux for the clamps used at a local atv shop because i already had the bars, but on an xr50 or crf50, you will have to buy a big bike throttle, xr100 works pretty well, as does xr70. they felt pretty good too.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thorwarrior915 said:
BTW, where did you get the bar clamps?

Hence why it took 4 hours! I had to mod the shiet out of my dad's stock 450 clamps... and had to drill two 1/2" holes on the stock plate.

The throttle CABLE itself isn't long enough - there's not enough extra cable on the bar's end for it to go up and around into the throttle housing...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.