PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike just showed up and looks good overall, but one part is for a linkage bike..I am sure John can call me and get it fixed. Aaron edit....turns out about half of the parts are wrong, so bike doesn't look good overall anymore...but John is making it good by sending parts next day air..

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Have you tried calling or emailing Medina? Forum communication has to be one of the worst and slowest ways to contact a vendor.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Trick Daddy said:
Bike just showed up and looks good overall, but one part is for a linkage bike..I am sure John can call me and get it fixed. Aaron

Hey Aaron, congrats on your purchase. Im sure Bob/John will be in touch with you as soon as they get a chance. What are you missing, or what part is for the linkage bike? (I am assuming you bought a non-likage klx?) I may be able to help you get what you need.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I leave for the track on this Friday and I need a non-linkage shock

It came with a linkage shock...just need the shock and mounting block (leverage block)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed, text'd, called.... I wouldn't bust chops, but it's kinda urgent. I have been trying to order this bike since the 6th...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The forum contact was just a last-ditch effort. John's phone rang a couple hours ago, but now it goes to an "unavailable" message.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Trick Daddy said:
The forum contact was just a last-ditch effort. John's phone rang a couple hours ago, but now it goes to an "unavailable" message.

Im sure if they didnt answer there is a very good explanation, and they will call you soon. Tell you what, I have an extra shock and shock block that I recieved with my order. Go ahead and pm me your details and Ill get it out to you first thing in the A.M.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Special~K said:
Im sure if they didnt answer there is a very good explanation, and they will call you soon. Tell you what, I have an extra shock and shock block that I recieved with my order. Go ahead and pm me your details and Ill get it out to you first thing in the A.M.

nice , way to step up and help a bro out

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Trick Daddy said:
Now I need a complete rear brake system and a skid plate....not in any of the three boxes???

Thanks fellas..... Aaron I have your skid plate covered, as for the rear brakes I cannot help you, but I know Bob/John will. I believe they are down to the last bikes, and have had trouble with warehouse idiots messing up orders. All thats fixed now for the future.....and Medina will take care of you for whatever it is you need.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help! As it turns out, Bob and John cannot help me out. They are out of parts accoring to Bob. I will be returning the bike, or the 2/3 of a bike, and will go buy another bike. I just missed out on the opening race of our series based on the promises made by John. Not to mention a hundred bucks in sourcing parts that I needed, like electricals that I got from PitsterPro....they said they would 2nd day air them and they showed up.

Issues were:

No pipe - no big deal, I have a KLX pipe already

No electricals - no big deal, I bought them from Pitster

No seat- I got a thumpstar/50 style seat in the box?????

No rear brake system at all - ????

No hardware for the tank/subframe/etc - some fasteners, but still???

No skid plate - ????????????

I even waited for John to "be sure" that the only things missing were a pipe and the electrics for the Z155. This is not the case and I am stuck sitting out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Update; This was completed last night (by me)... at 9:15 pm.

"Issues were:

No pipe - no big deal, I have a KLX pipe already...Told you no KLX only a CRF pipe.

No electricals - no big deal, I bought them from Pitster...Told you no 6 wire harness's in stock

No seat- I got a thumpstar/50 style seat in the box?????...Correct

No rear brake system at all - ????...Correct

No hardware for the tank/subframe/etc - some fasteners, but still???...Correct

No skid plate - ????????????...Correct"

Permenent Solution... No more un-assembled rollers will be sold by us going forward!

Yes, we are out of some KLX and TTR parts.

Yes, we are completely out of Z-155 motors and wiring kits too!

Yes, we are out of All rollers except the photo-shoot TTR, 3 RML kits & 6 Front end kits...

Yes, this was the last KLX bike we had for Gen. #3...

Yes, we will fix this through other suppliers today.

bob

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
from what i have seen and heard medinaminisx has been really good to the customers. sometimes S happens and it sucks..

trick d, hope you make the first race

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like it may happen after all. John called me and is ripping apart a personal bike to send me the parts, so we may be able to pull it off...rabbit out of a hat style.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just for clarity, I just listed the issues as completely as possible. I understood that there was no pipe or electricals. I agreed that those were no big deal and that it was totally fine with me to ship without those parts, as I would source the electricals on my own and I already had a KLX pipe. I thought I had posted it that way, but it must have been in a pm or something.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Turns out John was unavailable temporarily taking care of kid issues....I have kids myself and I would have done the exact same thing, so my faith is renewed....but they got hosed by their shipping arrangements on the Gen 3 bikes...wow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts