PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my 07 klx 110 ran fine pure stock. Then today i bought a used pipe off a guy, only after market thing i have other than bars, its a two bros m6, its mint condition, put it on today and for about 20 mins it ran killer. Then i was hitting some small whoops with water in between in 2nd gear pinned and rigth when i came out and let off my bike started backfiring like crazy and then bogged and died. So i started it up, took a few kicks and after that just bogged like crazy, give it gas and it would die. Now i can't even get it to start. Im gonna go check the plug now, see what color it is, check the filter, and all the breather tubes. What else do u guys think? Talked to some guys out where we were riding and they said they didnt rejet there bikes when they piped them. I also flicked my on/off switch a couple times to see if it was working. And gas it on. Oh also it would run ok with the choke on. Help me out, thanks

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Well if it runs okay with the choke on its lean usually what happens when you put a pipe on. You need to richen the air/fuel screw and most likely drop the clip on the needle. Shouldnt have to touch the main jet as its just a pipe. But def richen the fuel screw and go down a notch or two on the needle.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ryan2282 said:
Well if it runs okay with the choke on its lean usually what happens when you put a pipe on. You need to richen the air/fuel screw and most likely drop the clip on the needle. Shouldnt have to touch the main jet as its just a pipe. But def richen the fuel screw and go down a notch or two on the needle.
i was thinking it was the carb to, but i cant even get it to start. If its not jetted right it will still run just not good.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok the air filter was dry cause its the stock sytem, but i just pulled the stock air system off cause i thought maybe somewhere where it pulls the air is clogged cause it would run with the choke on and after i pulled it it started right up! but a min earlier it wouldn't! So i ran it up the street and it was fine! So somehwere the air is clogged. Also wheres the air screw, i feel like a douch asking but i can only find the idle, lol

·
Registered
896 Posts
if you have a 07 110 the screw doesn't exactly look like a screw. it had a weird head on it... you can usually take it out and cut a slot in it with a dremel so you don't have to use the special kawi tool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.