PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, my bike is pretty much stock. except i have a uni filter, 62 main jet, and modified pipe. (bashed out internal baffle) it has been running fine up until last week. i jumped off a curb, and the bike bogged and died. it took me about 4-5 cranks to get it started again, then once it would kick over it would bog and die again? i figured i was out of gas, but the tank was full? it rides fine until i hit a small bump or go off a crub, can anyone think of why my bike is doing this? it's only 4.5 months old. :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
you probably have a little peice of trash floating around in your carb bowl that getting into your main jet sometimes, and check your float level as well, you may need to raise the float a little to let more gas in the bowl.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Try disconecting your kill switch.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
this usually happens when people put a uni on and forget to tighten that bolt where the stock airbox and ground connect. but thats if its ONLY hitting a bump and not a tuning problem. try turning your throttle from idle to wide open(in nutral)to see if it hesitates.

and, did you take the main jet off and clean up above it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i do go from idle to wide open it hesitates a little also?

nope, i only cleaned the bowl, and all the openings on the carb. whats really weird is, when i was outside in the back yard i got it to crank over once after i cleaned out the carb, then it just died and i couldnt get it to fire back up. so i take it in the garage because i was tired of fooling with it, so i tried to start it for shits and giggles and sure enough it kicked over. i took it back outside and nothing? im going to try everything you guys suggested and if they dont work. *terminator voice* ILL BE BACK! :p

thanks!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
ok ok.

i figured it out!

its your float, sounds like its getting stuck and not letting gas in freely. your carbs tuned with that problem so its getting way rich when gas flows in.

thank you, thank you!

stanton

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn this sucks, i took apart the carb again, removed the float fiddled around with it to make sure it was working properly. it seemed fine so i slapped everything back together and fired her up, kicked right over so i decide to take a little cruise to see if that couldve been the problem. it ran fine on the way to my buddies house, but on the way back it just bogged hard, and died again. i had to push it half way home. i have no idea what the hell is going on here. i checked all the electrical wires and everything? this is really starting to piss me off. :( any other tips?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.