PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running a gs45z 14" front on my klx 110. It's a 3.60 wide tire. Looking for something to match. Nowhere around me really has much in stock so I cant see anything in person. I've seen kenda washougal and some irc tires that seem to be pretty wide. What's the beefiest rear 12" tire available?

· Registered
14 Posts
Currently running a gs45z 14" front on my klx 110. It's a 3.60 wide tire. Looking for something to match. Nowhere around me really has much in stock so I cant see anything in person. I've seen kenda washougal and some irc tires that seem to be pretty wide. What's the beefiest rear 12" tire available?
Check out mitas tires out of the UK their tires are beefy af..

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok got the tire in. This thing is an absolute monster. For comparison the tire on my buddys bike is a 80/100 geomax Mx53. Significant size difference as you can see. In height, and width by a fair amount. It's just over 4" wide. I really dont see this being a legit option on a stock swinger. Especially a stock motor. I'll post a couple more photos once its mounted on my bike.

· Registered
14 Posts
Ok got the tire in. This thing is an absolute monster. For comparison the tire on my buddys bike is a 80/100 geomax Mx53. Significant size difference as you can see. In height, and width by a fair amount. It's just over 4" wide. I really dont see this being a legit option on a stock swinger. Especially a stock motor. I'll post a couple more photos once its mounted on my bike.

View attachment 273203 View attachment 273204 View attachment 273205
Surprised it wont fit stock swing arm. I have them on the front and rear on my bike. What a difference!!! On a klx I see the front being a tighter fit than the rear. Looks can be deceiving. I'm pretty sure the rear will fit the stock klx swing arm

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surprised it wont fit stock swing arm. I have them on the front and rear on my bike. What a difference!!! On a klx I see the front being a tighter fit than the rear. Looks can be deceiving. I'm pretty sure the rear will fit the stock klx swing arm
Ah ya I didnt really mean it wont fit a stock swinger. Just by looking at it seems like it would be overkill maybe? That and the height difference. I havent mounted it yet. You have any chain clearance issues?

· Registered
688 Posts
Can re-gear the sprockets to adjust for the tire diameter. Shinko Mobber 130/70-12" is another option for a fat rear tire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts