PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the biggest cam that fits in the stock head? Right now i have the cam that came with my 88 s-stage, but as some of you know im going to be biulding a mean stock head motor (a few little secrets that ive never seen on a xr50 head before). So i want the biggest cam there is 8)

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill probaly be calling your josh. So far it looks like im going to be going with a sik 50s cam. Crower power said they cannot go over a .224 lift unless they biuld the motor. Sik can sell me a cam with a .265 lift. Josh, if you can beat that then ill get the cam from you.

Does any one happen to know what the lift is on the takewaga s-stage cam? Just wondering so ill know how much bigger of a cam im going to be putting in there.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
ok a .265 with astock head it not gonna last long at all. yea it may be fast for a while but it just isnt goinf to last. i talked with josh and he says you shouldnt go over .260 with a stock head unless youo modify the head to make way for the extra valvetrain movement. .260 for a race motor w/stock head .245 for a motor w/stock head and will last a long time. and then if you wanna do a bunch of head and valvetrain work go for the .265+. josh knows his stuff and people in here can back that up with the peformance of their bikes after he has worked them.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks PIMPIN, im not sure if im going to be going .265 anymore, i dont know if i want a pure race motor or not. My dad can do the mods to the head to make that big of a cam work fine. Ill probaly get a .245 from josh.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
if your pops can modify the valve seats and get different lenght springs than i would go for the .260.

that would be a hot setup. or just do the light mod work and run the .245

no prob for the help. hes a busy guy with all his motor work hes been doing. im tryin to help him and those of you wanting to do this the right way. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.