PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently put a Big Minis Setup on my sons bike, we have decided it's just too stiff for him, as he only weighs 55lbs.. I'm putting it in the For Sale section of this site, unless anyone has ideas on how to make it softer.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
god the guy just asked what could he do to fix it not for all ur thoughts about if he has to much money to spend or if his kid is good or not

anyways.. yes take it to a suspension guy and have it revaled and sprung for his weight

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
flyn62 said:
god the guy just asked what could he do to fix it not for all ur thoughts about if he has to much money to spend or if his kid is good or not

anyways.. yes take it to a suspension guy and have it revaled and sprung for his weight

Well people already told him what he could do but he decided to put it in the for sale section so he doesn't need help anymore.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rford426 ^^^^yea really why woudl you spend that money on that when its for a lil kid???

You obviously don't have kids.. My 7 year old rides with me, he tries very hard, listens well and rides safe, he deserves the same good suspension I have on my bigger bike, because he rides the same trails I do, he shouldn't have to ride with 3 inches of travel...while I have 12, you'll will understand how important they are when you have a child of your own.

A25MX some people just have too much money to spend

If I had "too much money" I wouldn't have it for sale, I wouldn't worry about it.. We work for the money we have and if I want to sale, I will sale...

Slowkid912...maybe hes a fast lil kid.
Yes he is very good trail / track rider for his age and very determined to always improve himself both on the bike and at school.

Believe it or not we ride trail more than track and this little bike will not lift the front tire much with the swingarm extended 3 inches. We might go with a different bike, or some other setup. The big minis is awesome for the track though.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
dude thats a sweet bike for a lil kid. he's lucky. so how much do u want for the bigmini setup? i hav a +2 a-style swinger that mite werk a lil better. wud u b interested n a trade + sum $$ (if my dad will let me)? pm me

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
You could most likely get by with a softer spring, that is only around 80bucks to spend. As he gets older and heavier then you can always put the stiffer spring back on. The Elka that comes with the Big Minis kit is pretty adjustable, and you will be able to get by with out a revalve, although that would make it even better. Feel free to PM me with all your questions on this, one father to another.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.