PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a few months back a discussion on the Ohlins forks for the KLX110that were being developed by Big Minis and Ohlins.

Someone here made a comment that they had an inside source at Ohlins and the word he got was that Ohlins was not interested in mass producing a set of forks for the KLX110...no real market for it they said.

Anyone heard anything new? I guess I was hoping that after Vegas we might start seeing some new stuff. For that matter, did anyone go and see any cool new stuff?

I think if I were bringing a new product to market for pit bikes, I think I would debut it at Vegas. Anyone got any good news?

Regards.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yea that was one of the first things I looked for when I was at Mini Moto and there wasn't a set in sight. If they were going to be put into production, Big Minis would have had a set on a bike out there for sure

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
ModKLX110 said:
I remember a few months back a discussion on the Ohlins forks for the KLX110that were being developed by Big Minis and Ohlins.

Someone here made a comment that they had an inside source at Ohlins and the word he got was that Ohlins was not interested in mass producing a set of forks for the KLX110...no real market for it they said.

Anyone heard anything new? I guess I was hoping that after Vegas we might start seeing some new stuff. For that matter, did anyone go and see any cool new stuff?

I think if I were bringing a new product to market for pit bikes, I think I would debut it at Vegas. Anyone got any good news?

Regards.
it was me who said that,but not a inside I was talking to a ohlins rep at the dearler show and thats what he said.but no go they wont be doing them unless it mad to order.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
AFAIK Ohlins wasn't making custom forks for 110s. Big Minis was just buying Ohlins 38mm inverts and shortening the travel. They then supplied a custom set of triples, and a matching hub with a 14" rim laced up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kurlon said:
AFAIK Ohlins wasn't making custom forks for 110s. Big Minis was just buying Ohlins 38mm inverts and shortening the travel. They then supplied a custom set of triples, and a matching hub with a 14" rim laced up.

If thats the case, I wonder what kind of brake setup that was...or is in the photos on the Big Minis website.

Regards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.