PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hondaministunt is owned by a guy named Dennis Glassford from Brampton Ontario, he's been doing this now for about two and a half years (or so), before that he was a mechanic at Daymak, a Chinese bike dealer. He runs his shop/ business out of his unorganized garage, and I use the term "business" loosely as any real business charges tax and gives a receipt (that's the law), he on the other hand charges the tax but won't give a receipt, always has an excuse..no paper for his printer or its broke today...
He makes claims that he's the largest in Canada, prove it! Let's see this shop, let's see all this inventory. But instead I'd rather post stupid stuff on social media, bashing his competitors, showing his "stacks" of money he made that day, who does that? For a grey haired person in his 40-50's (I'm guessing) this is as professional as he gets. He comes off rude and arrogant in is postings, or maybe he does all his social media updates while he's drunk on his AC/DC beer. I'm not really sure, can't explain why he's so angry and rude with his competitors.

This past march I was at the Spring bike show and saw him and his bikes. Dennis himself was very stuck up, always had a scowl look on his face. It was very unprofessional, but I didn't expect much after reading all his Kijiji ads and such.
I tried to congratulate Dennis in the parking lot after the show because we were both in the same classes but he just wanted to bite my head off. He was angry and didn't answer me, I guess he was pissed off he didn't do so well at the show, not really sure..

I had a friend tell me about his experience - he called and asked for OEM Honda Z50R Fenders and a tank and he claimed he had them, when the customer got them in the mail to his disappointment they were both after-market, so he called Dennis to complain, he said he could return them but he would have to pay for the shipping...so needless to say he wasn't happy and didn't shop there again.

This is one of many I have heard about first hand. Maybe "Kevin James" aka Dennis can chirp in and make some comments and defend himself.

Competition is fine, every business has it, but for a person his age he should try and act it and be a little more professional.

The reason for my rant is not to tell you who to buy from in Canada. I'm just here to voice my opinion and hopefully save you all some grief .

Lets support the professional businesses here in Canada, aka PhatMX and Minimob Racing, they both have been doing this for many years together in Canada and never have an issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks for the advise.
I have started looking at part supllier a couple of weeks ago while kickstarting the resto of my CT70.
I saw this vendor and few orders in Canada and initialy did not thought which one to talk with.
By chance I knocked the right door and started deal with Phatmx (Keith) who is very responsive and seems to stand behind his shoop.
I should get my 1st order placed pretty soon with him.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ive seen it too where dennis will leave nasty comments and sometimes threats on trailing pickles instagram, i personally called him out on how unprofessional he was being and came back to find he deleted his comment. dennis is a child that needs to grow up and realizwe bashing your competition doesnt make you look better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
minimob racing top notch

Hondaministunt is owned by a guy named Dennis Glassford from Brampton Ontario, he's been doing this now for about two and a half years (or so), before that he was a mechanic at Daymak, a Chinese bike dealer. He runs his shop/ business out of his unorganized garage, and I use the term "business" loosely as any real business charges tax and gives a receipt (that's the law), he on the other hand charges the tax but won't give a receipt, always has an excuse..no paper for his printer or its broke today...
He makes claims that he's the largest in Canada, prove it! Let's see this shop, let's see all this inventory. But instead I'd rather post stupid stuff on social media, bashing his competitors, showing his "stacks" of money he made that day, who does that? For a grey haired person in his 40-50's (I'm guessing) this is as professional as he gets. He comes off rude and arrogant in is postings, or maybe he does all his social media updates while he's drunk on his AC/DC beer. I'm not really sure, can't explain why he's so angry and rude with his competitors.

This past march I was at the Spring bike show and saw him and his bikes. Dennis himself was very stuck up, always had a scowl look on his face. It was very unprofessional, but I didn't expect much after reading all his Kijiji ads and such.
I tried to congratulate Dennis in the parking lot after the show because we were both in the same classes but he just wanted to bite my head off. He was angry and didn't answer me, I guess he was pissed off he didn't do so well at the show, not really sure..

I had a friend tell me about his experience - he called and asked for OEM Honda Z50R Fenders and a tank and he claimed he had them, when the customer got them in the mail to his disappointment they were both after-market, so he called Dennis to complain, he said he could return them but he would have to pay for the shipping...so needless to say he wasn't happy and didn't shop there again.

This is one of many I have heard about first hand. Maybe "Kevin James" aka Dennis can chirp in and make some comments and defend himself.

Competition is fine, every business has it, but for a person his age he should try and act it and be a little more professional.

The reason for my rant is not to tell you who to buy from in Canada. I'm just here to voice my opinion and hopefully save you all some grief .

Lets support the professional businesses here in Canada, aka PhatMX and Minimob Racing, they both have been doing this for many years together in Canada and never have an issue.

Right on Trailing pickles
Im from down under and have bought a fair few items of Minimob racing over the years, great dudes to do business with and never a problem even though im on the other side of the world

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
image-1662979777.jpg

I wanted to show you a recent ad that was posted in Ontario Canada Kijiji.
( I guess this is his way of retaliation against me for writing this thread, he's not man enough to reply here)

Reading this you can get a better idea of his maturity level.

Why anyone would want to support this guy is beyond me...

Here's a link to the ad.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-p...rs/1074515519?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Why would anyone even write that on a add in the first place. Just shows how immature some people are.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
my favorite is the beev shot just pasted overtop a CRF seat!!! A-1 stuff this guy

Check "general parts" under the 50 stunt section on Dennis's site!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
my favorite is the beev shot just pasted overtop a CRF seat!!! A-1 stuff this guy Check "general parts" under the 50 stunt section on Dennis's site!
Omg that's so awful lol. Why would you post that on your business website. MONSTER TRUCKS AND BOOTY HELL YEAH HARLEY BROTHER.

Reactions: Phat50s

·
Registered
7 Posts
After searching for a parts dealer for the Resto/Mod for my CT70 I tried Hondaministunt and he did not return my 2nd email and phone call. I then discovered PhatMX. Keith has been great and with his advice has saved me money as well. With the Canadian dollar being what it is today it is important to find a parts supplier in Canada in order to make our hobby affordable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am currently rebuilding a 1980 CT70...and i am from CANADA.

One thing i have to say about this...i just made a few orders from Phatmx (at www.phatmx.com) and let me tell you this. Keith is the man to go to for all your honda mini bikes needs. He always responds to his email very quickly..usually within minutes of sending an email.

Never once he did not had what i wanted even when parts were not listed on his website. I will order all my parts from him until restoration is complete. Shipping is usually the same day with tracking number at very reasonable rates.

Just tought i would let everyone know that if your from Canada..or even anywhere else...d'ont hesitate to give this guy a call.
At first when i started to look for a seller located in canada..i had found phatmx and hondaministunt...and after reading a bit about these two sellers...the choice was easy..reading all the negative comments about hondaministunt kept me away....and im glad i did ! :)

Here are some of the goodies i got from phatmx (username on this forum : Phat50s) brakepads, sprocket, bearings..all the seals to rebuild the front and back wheel, brake rod with all the bolts..etc etc...not to list them all.

IMG_20151120_201220.jpg IMG_20151121_135517.jpg IMG_20151129_133802.jpg IMG_20151129_133859.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have done a few builds now and have only ordered from PHAT MX, seeing dennis's childish ads made me not give him the time of day, phat mx always has great deals and is very professional, always give a proper receipt and great advise on parts, you are also welcome to go there at anytime, Keith is a stand up guy and i would recommend him to anyone as I do all the time, keep up great work keith

·
Registered
54 Posts
Seriously.....WTF @ that kijiji ad....wow. It's not as if we are flooded with mini bike part suppliers here in Canada. There no reason why friendly competition cannot exist. That is insane. Anyone in their right mind would not respond to an ad like that.

More power to PhatMX and Minimob for being legitimate suppliers. Keep up the great business.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't deal with the individual in question, I do deal with Keith at phatmax. com
Keith is very helpful and an extremely knowledgeable guy who looks after his customers.

Tim

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is a great informative thread.

Here's a pervious thread started by rockyf

Quite interesting I must say.

planetminis.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback-forums/201577-my-experience-www-hondamini-com.html

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.