PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an oddball question, especially in a forum where everyone is looking for more performance...

I bought an '01 TTR 125 for my 11-yo daughter for Christmas. It will be her first bike and I'd like to take a few gerbils out of the engine while she's learning throttle and clutch control. What's the best/easiest way to do that?

I'm no engine expert but wouldn't rejetting the carb or restricting air intake throw off the mixture and make the engine run lean or rich? Is an exhaust restrictor a viable option? Could any of these options damage the engine?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Limit the throttle. You can probably put a small piece of rubber hose over the throttle cable at the carb's slide so the throttle cannot be opened all the way.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Jetting and restrictors would do it, but a simple stop in the carb or throttle housing would allow gradual power increases.

A piece of tubing slid over the throttle cable inner between the cap and slide, inside the spring, would restrict the throttle opening. I looked at the exploded, but without the throttle in hand, I can't tell exactly what will work there, but something will.

What he said... I type slow, and looked a few things up:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talk about a "Why didn't I think of that?" solution! :D Thank you very much. Using a throttle restrictor at the carb is much easier and way cheaper than any of the solutions I was thinking of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts