PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed there are a lot of different lenghts wich one would you guys suggest stock.+1+2+3...etc and why ? can you go to long ? also whats the best swingarm in your opiniions and why

thanks

six

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I would have to say +2, +3.

The longer swingarm you get, the wider your turning radius is.

I havn't tried many swingarms. Only 5-0. BBR Super Pro. Sano. Sik50s (new and old). Im gonna be getting a new one from Vince @ RC Motorsports, and from the sounds of it, its gonna rock.

I wouldnt really suggest the BBR SUPER PRO frame. I didnt care for it much, specially for the money.

Billetware ones..

Sano.

Sik50s.

Five-o

are the top pics so far. Cant wait to get my new setup though.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LogiKal said:
I would have to say +2, +3.

The longer swingarm you get, the wider your turning radius is.

I havn't tried many swingarms. Only 5-0. BBR Super Pro. Sano. Sik50s (new and old). Im gonna be getting a new one from Vince @ RC Motorsports, and from the sounds of it, its gonna rock.

I wouldnt really suggest the BBR SUPER PRO frame. I didnt care for it much, specially for the money.

Billetware ones..

Sano.

Sik50s.

Five-o

are the top pics so far. Cant wait to get my new setup though.

bryce which swinger are you getting ? and what setup you running..forks swinger and shock ?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
lahaye and storm both have plus 3 inch swingarms, and are both pro set ups they work on stock frames,

lahaye: plus 3 inch, 10 and a half inches of travel, uses ishock, works with stock frame, set up is 525 but doesnt include i shock

storm: plus 3 inches, 6 incehs of travel, works with stock frame, uses fox shock, set up is 700 but incudes fox shock

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
i think for those with a big income go with the storm, but for me i like the lahaye because its cheeper for me cuz i already have an ishock, plus if you ever have to get a replacement shock ishocks are alot cheeper than fox shocks, ive neve ridden the storm but i have ridden the lahaye and ill tellyou nothing soaks up the woops and small bumps like this set up, i am real interested in testin out the storm one tho

·
Registered
938 Posts
i would say the lahaye is better for anyone. not only is it cheaper but has more travel, i think there top mount looks better too. actually for people who have the original bbr's or some other shorter fork, i guess the storm would be better, just to have it sit level. other than that i would say the lahaye is the superior setup :wink: 8)

G

·
hanebrink is 4 inches over at full length...i have it and its to long. I have no turning radius now. No my sano stuff has not came in and yes I plan on canceling it if I ever get ahold of them.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
my new set up will be + 2 1/2-3 1/2 it will look like the pro set up but you will be able to use the shock you allready have 9-10 inch eye to eye. just with slightly heavier spring rate but not too heavy that it is a bouncer or over preloaded so don't have rebound controll .I will be finishing this set up when I get back from overseas.

G

·
i cant wait to see it...i canceled other stuff so im looking for something new...hint...hint. maybe a sneak peek and i can be the first to order.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.