PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the tittle says ,what are people running for 10/12 MX tires ,as a set or mismatched set ?

I'm looking to,

#1 To see what works ,the best for cheapest!

#2 Where is the best place(es) to purchase !

#3 Find what options i have for 1.6 wide rims ,2.75 0r 3.00 wide rear 10" and 2.50 or 2.75 wide front 12" ?

Thanks for any help !

Been looking at ,IRC Kids,Kenda millville,Kings,Innova Tough gear, and can't decide or find someplace that sells both front and rear .

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For traction sake ,and corner holding ,whats everyone run ?

Brands,front and rear combos?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Innova 2.75x12 in front, Innova 3.00x10 rear being pushed by Daytona 125 also have Innova 2.75x12 front, Xtreme 3.50x10 rear. This is my favorite combo, however the Xtreme is a pricey tire, if you can find one. Traction wise I wouldn't switch with the type of dirt we run on around here.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
50degree said:
Is the 80/100-10 able to be mounted to a 1.6 w rim ?(without looking like a monkey f*****g a football ? )

bad monkey....I got one mounted (not a monkey)..I will try to post a pic for you.......I think I am going to go play some catch with a football now

pics of the IRC on a 1.60 rim

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
irc is a pretty good tire, I like the innova too, and they are similar in size. denniskirk.com has the irc for really cheap

·
Registered
792 Posts
doopsx3 said:
this place is not bad for IRC kids

- American Motorcycle Tire

also JC WHITNEY too

the 80/100-10 IRC kids is pretty wide

Yeah good place to pic up tires...I got one of those IRC tires from there. Descent tire but I like the Xtremes better...IRCs are just as wide but the Xtremes knobbies are taller and last longer. But yes they are pricey!

12"x2.50 Michelin Starcross MS2 up front. 10"x3.50 Xtreme Pitpro on the rear.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doopsx3 said:
bad monkey....I got one mounted (not a monkey)..I will try to post a pic for you.......I think I am going to go play some catch with a football now

Ok,sorry about the monkey reference! Maybe i should have used the 600# chick on a razer electric scooter reference ,with "stuff all hangin every which way ! LOL I need to puke now ,errr yuck !

If you could,when you get back , i would love to see a pic,Ummm of tire mounted on a 1.6 rim , not of a monkey or fatty McGEE .

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just got a 3.00 Innova rear and a 2.50 x 12 starcross for mine.. still need to mount them up.. finally going to a 12 front after years of running 10s.. herd it helps tho.

they both look really sticky and the front is wider than I thought it would be.. the front rim I got is like 2.25 wide so its hella beefy

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doops,thank you kind sir for pic, thats the ticket !!!!

Thanks, to everyone else for their input aswell !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts