PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
You guys are beating a dead horse, "what is the best pipe...." is a subjective opinion that has been discussed ad nausium. Some guys swear by the Protec, some the Dr.D, others like the Sano, Ultima, Sik50's or Pro Circuit.

There's also Thunder Alley, FMF (which no one seems to like), and soon to be one from Jardine http://planetminis.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1930, etc, etc...

There is a search feature on the message boards (look up^^). A quick search using the keyword "pipe" came up with 43 matches.

·
Registered
755 Posts
MulishaSympathizer said:
You guys are beating a dead horse, "what is the best pipe...." is a subjective opinion that has been discussed ad nausium. Some guys swear by the Protec, some the Dr.D, others like the Sano, Ultima, Sik50's or Pro Circuit.

There's also Thunder Alley, FMF (which no one seems to like), and soon to be one from Jardine http://planetminis.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1930, etc, etc...

There is a search feature on the message boards (look up^^). A quick search using the keyword "pipe" came up with 43 matches.

well said...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
BBR has a quiet core insert I believe. Im not sure how much it helps to keep the noise down. Im sure someone knows. Also I think the Protec has one too. :idea:

·
Registered
755 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
BBR has a quiet core insert I believe. Im not sure how much it helps to keep the noise down. Im sure someone knows. Also I think the Protec has one too. :idea:

i had a bbr pipe it helped a lot but it was still louder than stock. you use the stock endcap and put it on the bbr pipe to reduce the sound. they also make the qiet core but i never bought it, so im not sure how quiet that is

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Quiet-Tip isn't nearly as quiet as using the stock tip, but it does perform better than using the stocker. The stock one pretty much forces all flow to go outward into the silencer packing which makes it very quiet, but it's also restricting the flow a lot. BBR's tip really doesn't force much at all into the packing which makes it a lot louder than a stocker, but it doesn't hurt performance much at all. I've had mixed reports on these from people that get one from me. Some say they like it because it toned it down some without killing topend, but others say they can't tell an audible difference with it in or out. From the looks of it, I can't see it making it a whole lot quieter, but it's all subjective to what you're looking for. A lot quieter and lose some performance, or a little quieter and not really lose any performance? That's up to each individual's desires, but having them as options is very nice and I wish more pipes had features like this.

~Ron

Xtreme Racing 50s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.