PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup bois, I just bought a KLX R 110 L, waiting for it to come in and having second thoughts now. I started doing some research for my buddy to buy a pitbike as well and came across Pittster pros and Pirahnas. Now im thinking about canceling my order and running one of them.

Thoughts? im 220 lbs so ill need to mod the klx right off the bat, the Pittsters are a lot cheaper. I had an ssr about 10-12 years ago, bought used and the thing was a hunk of crap lol I always put these Chinese brands in the trash department but after some research, they are actually pretty decent.

·
Registered
04 CRF70 03 XR50 05 CRF50 04CRF70
68 Posts
Sup bois, I just bought a KLX R 110 L, waiting for it to come in and having second thoughts now. I started doing some research for my buddy to buy a pitbike as well and came across Pittster pros and Pirahnas. Now im thinking about canceling my order and running one of them.

Thoughts? im 220 lbs so ill need to mod the klx right off the bat, the Pittsters are a lot cheaper. I had an ssr about 10-12 years ago, bought used and the thing was a hunk of crap lol I always put these Chinese brands in the trash department but after some research, they are actually pretty decent.
I would stick with the KLX. It's more money but it will out last those Chinese bikes. Plus it will hold it's value.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would stick with the KLX. It's more money but it will out last those Chinese bikes. Plus it will hold it's value.
I was thinking the same but what do you think about my buddy? I think hes looking to stay under $1500-$2000. There are 2005 klxs selling for $2k that are all clapped out lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was thinking the same but what do you think about my buddy? I think hes looking to stay under $1500-$2000. There are 2005 klxs selling for $2k that are all clapped out lol
I haven’t owned any of the newer Chinese bikes but I hear good and bad about them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t owned any of the newer Chinese bikes but I hear good and bad about them.

Same, through my research i guess PItster Pro is top tier when it comes to "China Bikes" Theres someone on Facebook selling their 2021 klx r 110 L for $4k lol I may try to sell mine when i pick it up, if someones willing to pay $4k, I might as well take it and use the profit to buy a Pitster,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same, through my research i guess PItster Pro is top tier when it comes to "China Bikes" Theres someone on Facebook selling their 2021 klx r 110 L for $4k lol I may try to sell mine when i pick it up, if someones willing to pay $4k, I might as well take it and use the profit to buy a Pitster,
The KLX 110 has more upgrades then the other china style bikes do and I agree with Nickyb210. The KLX will last longer then the other 2. I have a 2003 DR-z 110 with a 55mm crank, a 143 big bore kit with a V2 60mm high comp piston, YX160 head and a 4 speed shift drum. I am 5'11" @ 180lbs and my bike will throw me off the back even after extending the rear swing arm out 3".

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just ordered an Apollo X-15. It will be a Supermoto bike after I put it together. Cheap bike but there are a couple guys running them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I looked at piranhas and pitsters, and ended up with a klx110...

Still wouldnt mind a pitster 190, gotta have the magic button

1 - 8 of 8 Posts