PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone my nephew is looking to get an off brand dirt bike he is 13 looking for something to get into the sport with but something that isn't going to break every time he touches it like day make bikes hes looking for a 70 to 15 0 cc with a seat hight no higher then 30 inches sof9are i9f herdthe ssr and the pitster pro's are pretty good we just dont want it to be a money pit

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
well be true to your name and buy a Honda.....just about all China bikes will require wrenching on...Honda is super dependable....find a used XR100

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
hi

were a vendor here and have lots of exp with these bikes

a very good machine that will hold up well is the pitster pro x2 140cc

its a 50 base , but its big enough for a teen rider

and

the yx140cc is a very good motor for overall longevity and power

let me know if you need help

vince

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
doopsx3 said:
well be true to your name and buy a Honda.....just about all China bikes will require wrenching on...Honda is super dependable....find a used XR100

i agree with you that an xr100 is very durable (as long as the oil is kept up)

but

an x2140 will walk away from an xr100 powerwise

and suspension forget it

and as stated very sturdy bike

this is from experience

we raced one for 2 seasons and the chassis help up well

and guys who get yx140cc motors from me never call back with issues

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
TheCRKid said:
i agree with you that an xr100 is very durable (as long as the oil is kept up)

but

an x2140 will walk away from an xr100 powerwise

and suspension forget it

and as stated very sturdy bike

this is from experience

we raced one for 2 seasons and the chassis help up well

and guys who get yx140cc motors from me never call back with issues
he did not state if this was for play/trail or competition/serious play nor skill level....I do not have a Pitster or SSR but I do have various Japanese bikes and one cross breeded SDG and I know I can go out an push the e-start on my wife's CRF150F and it will start and purr like a kitten and never leave her stranded...depending on the quality of the China bike you may have doubts...but higher quality the more outlay of cash...that is with anything...ya get what ya pay for...oh and by the way not bashing any brand what so ever...unless it had AMF tagged on its highly praised name (early 70's HD)

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
doopsx3

man i hear you , i love honda bikes to hence the screen name "theCRkid"

i have raced CRs and play ridden XR100/XR80

also some pitsters and g2motos recently

my comments are focused and true

AND the question is DIRECTLY about a china bike

so

my suggestion is Pitster Pro X2 140cc

clearly a very sturdy and reliable unit that i HAVE personally info about

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I am running parallel with ya on that one Bro'....heck as much good publicity that the higher classed China bikes are getting (such as winning national events) the quality has come a long way.....The Japanese do not really seem to care that much about performance minis anymore (cr/yz/kx/rm) KTM has that wrapped up...but more and more as we stray away from the 2smoke I think that Japan may come out with a killer off the shelf 4stroke mini...but they will find themselves behind the power curve I think...in the future no one will probably ever say or know that it used to be derogatory to be riding a China bike.........you remember they laughed when they saw the first Elsinore...but the joke was on them was it not

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
TheCRKid said:
doopsx3

man i hear you , i love honda bikes to hence the screen name "theCRkid"

i have raced CRs and play ridden XR100/XR80

also some pitsters and g2motos recently

my comments are focused and true

AND the question is DIRECTLY about a china bike

so

my suggestion is Pitster Pro X2 140cc

clearly a very sturdy and reliable unit that i HAVE personally info about
what I do need from a pitster is a 45mm upper tripple clamp

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya im not much into the china bikes either he just wants something new and he likes the style of the pitster pro so i just want ed to make sure he wasnt buying a total piece of junk because yes u really do get whats u paid for lol this is why i love HONDA'S!!!thank guys.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Buy a honda , kaw , or the yam...trust me you can get a dependable used bike under a grand.... dont buy china junk, trust the japan crowd on PM and you wont have a problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
TheCRKid said:
there you have it

buy a jap bike

they run good and are very dependable

just dont expect it run very fast or handle well unless you dump money into it

The most important feature on any bike (or vehicle for that matter) is tires. What are the tires like on the China bikes?

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
hondaman said:
hey everyone my nephew is looking to get an off brand dirt bike he is 13 looking for something to get into the sport with but something that isn't going to break every time he touches it like day make bikes hes looking for a 70 to 15 0 cc with a seat hight no higher then 30 inches sof9are i9f herdthe ssr and the pitster pro's are pretty good we just dont want it to be a money pit

no such thing.

best china bike = no bike

spend your money wisely and buy a name brand JAP bike.

·
Registered
647 Posts
buy a honda when i first built my pitbike i cheapd out a bought a china motor and then ended up buying a honda it mybe slower then the china motor but it starts every time i want to ride it and it gets me back home

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
When you talk about a buying a Jap bike, do you mean one made in Japan? or just one with a Japanese name on it? many of the bikes people claim to be made in Japan are not.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts