PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12,757 Posts
if you just plan on fartin around on the bike go for the +1's with progressive springs

if you want the bike to be big pimpin and have forks like a big bike then go for the sr6's stratos

if you in the middle go with the sik50's forks and be sure to get the heavy duty springs with them if your 160lbs or above.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess what I wanna know is if there's a big difference between +1 lowers and real forks with the riding I do. Would it be worth it? If I get the forks I don't think I would be using it to its fullest. I'm just debating whether to splurge and get some aftermarket forks, or just fix the stocks with the +1 lowers.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Jester said:
I guess what I wanna know is if there's a big difference between +1 lowers and real forks with the riding I do. Would it be worth it? If I get the forks I don't think I would be using it to its fullest. I'm just debating whether to splurge and get some aftermarket forks, or just fix the stocks with the +1 lowers.

I guess what I wanna know is if there's a big difference between +1 lowers and real forks with the riding I do

-Yes

Would it be worth it

-Yes

If I get the forks I don't think I would be using it to its fullest

-Maybe not to the fullest extent, but for you're riding they'll help tons, and if you ever step up bigger, you can still have these.

Plus, aftermarket forks just look cool. :D [/b]

· Registered
3,079 Posts
I would say just get the +1's. You're only really gonna use real forks to the fullest unless your a hardcore racer. If you only like to play aound on it and stuff I thinks its better to just get +1s and spend all the money you save on other stuff like the motor

· Registered
4,543 Posts
i agree. blaah, big pimpn :lol:

forks are sick!

if you think that you are having fun and riding comfortly now, a pair of forks will blow your mind.

compare; kmart mountain bike(stock ride)-->motox bike(after forks)

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Well IMO he should pick up a pair of Sik50 forks or BBR-SP5s. In the long run it will be worth the money because I got +1s, springs, bushings and I just wished I had spent the extra money and got REAL forks. Everyone says "thats all im going to be doing" but it'll turn into more, but thats just my opinion.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Yeah, def go for some BBR SP-5's or the Sik50's. I went with some BBR's and am totally glad I didnt waste money on Chromo's. The ride from real forks is so much better than the stock style setup, that its worth the extra cash just for the smoothe ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.