PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I under rotated on a jump on my klx110 and my bike ate it pretty hard. When I landed the bars were sideways and it cracked the little steering stoper tab thats on the neck of the frame out of its welds and I cant budge it with hammers or channel locks. So I can turn a **** load one way and only a little the other. On top of that I think i bent my forks cause when im turned straight forward even without the bars on the wheel is pointing a little to the right.

How can I tell if my forks are bent, its to hard to tell just eye balling it. Can the top and bottom of the tripple clamp just be out of allingment? whats wrong?

·
Registered
204 Posts
best bet take them off the bike and check them over as they may just be twisted but if you snapped the oversteer tab off i would guess you may have bust more than just that.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The wheel can be twisted.. just loosen everything up, realign and tighten everything up... should be good to go after that.

Grind the steering stopper off and mig that sucker

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the tab is still in it just broke out of the welds and got bent to the side. thanks and if anyone else can help please do

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so loosening it all up didnt work. So I took the shocks off and rolled them across multiple desks in my house on the chrome tube and in the middle they raise like the width of cardboard from a shipping box then the same on the two ends of the tube. One of the forks is bent a tiny bit more then the other. So I marked were they raise the highest in the middle and but them back on the bike. Then I twisted them around until the front wheel was pointing striaght. So now the allignment its perfect but when the shocks absorb its harder then normal and sometimes gets caught in one spot for a little.

Is it okay to just leave it like that or will it screw everything over?

·
Registered
163 Posts
if your forks are bent you are gonna need some new ones. people sell them pretty cheap on here alot. or you can get a sex of kx60 forks for cheap too. they bolt right up

·
Registered
163 Posts
if your forks are bent you are gonna need some new ones. people sell them pretty cheap on here alot. or you can get a set of kx60 forks for cheap too. they bolt right up

·
Registered
480 Posts
If youu've tried loosening them up and they still stick. Best bet is new forks. Sorry man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts