PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was minding my own business when I stumbled across a Honda CA95E Dream 150. It is a one owner bike that last saw daylight in the early 70's. For a few hundred bucks, I drug her home and after an hour or so or fiddling, she fired!

Hooked up a battery charger to the monster 6V and she lit up. Horn, estart, everything works! Popped open the side cover and the original owners manual and road side tool kit where neatly tucked in there.

Not sure what the plans are but a few things are a must. Anyone know where to get 16X3 WWW tires? Pipes, cables, seat are also gone....

Parts seem a little tricky here in the states.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is pic while still all barn fresh! Would you happen to have suggestions on where to source tires?

Anyone else having issues uploading pics? I just had it fail on a 1M and 300K file???

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
PM is having issue with picture loading. Best load it on Honda50.com and link the picture over.

Get a pin/password from Brad.

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
gstegman said:
Parts seem a little tricky here in the states.

no sh!t...try to find some here in Europe(Portugal):(...there are several seller from Thailand on ebay ...me thinks they build this thing still in that way over there:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
C92 Benley 125 Dream twin

This is one of my future projects. Alot of work to do.

I guess most of the parts will come from Asia.

I would like to run a 250 twin motor in it, white wall tyres & a full on Black paint job in 2K.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I was not aware of that model before. Cylinder and head shape remind me of the 160cc twin.

Did these things rev to the moon like the 125cc CB/CL twins did?

Do the pistons rise/fall together (360-degree crank) or alternately (180-degree crank) on these?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fellas! The owners manual makes some dubious claims of 13.? HP at around 12K RPM. Not sure about the crank but someone I know guessed the pistons rise at the same time.

Looks like a Thai seat , cable set and pipe are in order. I was able to find some 16X3.25 tires that should stuff in there. Still can't find the "correct" tire...

·
Banned
1 Posts
360 crank, unlike most of the later Honda's. Common crankpin, that passes through both inner cheeks. kooky. Revved like mad, at least the 160 Super Sports did.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Cool, thanks...I bet it gets a nice "britbike on meth" exhaust note then. Zeeeeeeeeeng!!!

Edit: Curious, I checked youtube for CA95 clips, and here's one where the bike doesn't sound like it's dialed in yet but it still has a pretty cool exhaust note. Not as zingy as I expected, either.

That sure would be a cool bike to have around for occasional nice-weather rides.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Ha I just saw this thread Greg. I saw some of those bikes at the Classic bike show in Auburn. Really beautiful lines.

I just picked up a 1971 CB100 creampuff. Lets do a classic Honda ride!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ShapeShifter said:
Ha I just saw this thread Greg. I saw some of those bikes at the Classic bike show in Auburn. Really beautiful lines.

I just picked up a 1971 CB100 creampuff. Lets do a classic Honda ride!

For sure!, post up a pic of the little CB. Mines no creampuff but I have some goodies coming to make it a solid runner!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Branyers said:
Damn that is a sweet looking CB. All original?

Yes the CB100 is all orignal. 1400 miles and barely broken in. I put 20 miles on it today. Very happy :D.

-

I have been looking at those old Dream and CA bikes too. I got this bug for classic Hondas...

Here are some pics I took at the classic Jap show. Greg can get some insperation here. Also Greg, the club that put on that show has excellent resources for parts and such.

My favorite - white CA160

1 - 20 of 29 Posts