PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
DUDE DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND GET THE DRATV MONSTER HEAD it has bigger valves and ports than the TB race head I have both so I know. And it wont need to be ported bolt it on and go it will smoke a TB race head motor depending on what cam u run with it and porting will make it better but dont port it to much as they are big ports to begin with. You will need a big carb and exhaust for it to work the best and race gas

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
You actually ran them head to head? Any dyno #'s KAOS. Just curious, cause bigger valves and ports dont always mean faster. Kitaco Ultra Head motors have bigger valves and ports and ill hand them their asses all day long.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I DID SAY DEPENDING ON THE CAM U RUN, CARBS AND THEN THE EXHAUST WILL MAKE DIFFERENCES IN THE POWER BUT THE MOTOR I JUST BUILT WITH THE MONSTER HEAD SMOKED A RC86 A TB RACE HEAD AND A S STAGE 88 MOTORS I AM GOING TO DO GPS ON IT TONIGHT TO GET A TOP SPEED

TB HEAD I BELIVE HAS 22MM INTAKE AND 20MM EXHAUST VALVES

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
KAOS,

Lifan 86's are rated at 6HP.

An S stage takegawa barely makes 5 HP.

TB's with race heads put down between 7-7.5 HP depending on the tune

Make sure you include year gearing and the rest of your setup when you post your MPH figure.

My TB hits 60mph on 3.5x10 inch tires with 16/35 gearing, and I'm still overgeared for the 3 speed.

20mm Keihin Carb

1.125 diameter R designs exhaust

On a Honda CT70 with Sava street tires. The bike outweighs an XR50 by at least 40lbs, adding my 190 to the mix.

I look forward to your results. I don't need GPS, because I have an accurate speedo..

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
well the bike weighted in at 110 pounds and the gearing is 15/36 with 3.00x10 tires and I weight in at 180 + 6 beers so if I add add my weight plus the bikes weight and the size of the carb by the size of the intake valve multiplied by w609 it should give me a hp rating and then subtract the tire size it will give me top end speed

ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
no but seriously its got 3.00 tires 15/36 gearing a tb clutch with a different primary gear seup than his kit came with a 20mm minkuni carb and it does weight 110 pounds so I am guessing around 60 or 65 BUT IT GETS THERE ALOT FASTER THAN YOU WOULD THINK

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Funny! Just want you to compare apples to apples in your testing. You have slightly shorter tires, plus the 36T gear, which puts you at a slight disadvantage for a top speed run, unless you have a 4 speed gearbox, and if I'm not mistaken, you do.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I live in Overland Park, KS (Kansas City)

Beatrice Cycle is in Beatrice, Nebraska. (BFE, NE)

Quite a ways from here, but I do purchase parts from Jack. Mostly older restoration parts. Never messed with his engine parts because I know where he purchases them from and can get them from the source, cheaper. However, my consulting fees are expensive, so don't ask.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Pretty interesting info KAOS, cant wait to read the results either.

And oh yea, the actual TB valve sizes are 23mm intake, and 20mm exhaust, you almost had it right :)

And I love Beatrice Cycle as well, good parts at prices super hard to beat. Ive ordered a few things from them, where I got my lighting kit from, great quality and super quick shipping. I almost built my motor using there parts, but then I found TB and went that way instead.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.