PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went riding at my practice track last night and wake up to wash my bike. The first thing i do is pull the air filter off and the U-Flow chamber , to come across it is full of dirt on the inside and my carb has chunks of dirt laying on the inside. I have no idea how my motor didnt blow up. There was dirt laying in the chamber of the U-Flow , heres pics to show everything. And yes i had my air filter on tight and it was tight on the carb so where could it of came thru at ? Im so aggravated right now and whoever wants to buy this junk off me its for sale. Ill be sure to send this same thing to BBR and let them know about this.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
this is on the new bike you bought correct? was it clean before you went riding last night or maybe its been built up for a while? eaither way your lucky your motor didnt suck that up..

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no this isnt on the new bike , this is on my other one. And its spotless b4 every ride and both clamps were tight. This isnt the first time its done it either but b4 it was just a tiny bit by the filter so i didnt think nothing of it , until i seen this !

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
thats garbage dude, ppl praise bbr ive been looking into a few things. the chinese bike vendors are the only ones who get thier parts made in china...

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya man im so mad , i sent them an email with the same pics.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
filter tack???? if you dont put oil on your filter its pprobally going through it... and outwears cover on mine and it stopped the dirt getting part the filter..

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i always oil the filter and regardless it should never pull tht much dirt thru the filter !!!! theres like a pile of dirt in my u flow

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
KlxRacer#2 said:
ya i always oil the filter and regardless it should never pull tht much dirt thru the filter !!!! theres like a pile of dirt in my u flow

there arent any other ways for it to get in there... is there????? b/c mine still does it to and id like to not waste a $600 top end...

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i have no idea how it would get tht much in my chamber , im goin back to the pankcake with outerwear

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I think I would snatch it off and not use it the first time I saw dirt in it, even if it did cost $70 to $150. I swear I've never heard anyone say, "yes it's great, you should get one" unless they had one for sale.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya ill sell it but idk how much yet

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
So did the plastic housing break letting dirt in or did the dirt come through the filter? What kind of filter oil were you running?? If any?? I doubt it was the u-flows fault..

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya whos fault was it ? lol no nothing broke and everything was on tight and if u read i use oil filter and its spray on maxima or w.e

·
Registered
599 Posts
Got the uflow on my BBR bike and its a pain in the a$$..the clamps wont stay on tight or anything but mine doesnt get dirt.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Well I do read but you didn't state anywhere what type of air filter oil you use.... If you had a prepped foam air filter you should not get dirt passing through like that. I'm not a fan of bbr or their u-flow setup, however I know several people that have used the u-flow without an issue. Well send those pics and your story to BBR.. Let us know what they say.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts