PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they not suppose to fit? I thought all hd spokes can match up to all aftermarket rims?

Nipples won't fit in the hole as in they are a tad to big. Maybe it's the powder coat but the rear laced up perfectly.

Has anybody ever drilled a rim before? How'd it work out ? What'd thread u you use? Etc

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Are you using Buchanan spokes? You HAVE to drill the holes bigger in the rim-- it'll be fine.

Just have somebody who knows what they're doing put them together for ya. KSR Wheels in PA is awesome. I'm getting some motard wheels put together (that's why I was talking to you about the front rim you were selling), and I figure I'll have Keith at KSR put them together for me. Also-- I'm using black rims, so I don't want some hillbilly tearing them up with tire irons. KSR can put them together properly, AND mount the tires. --L*64

·
Registered
621 Posts
drilling that little bit of metal isnt hurting anything. ive drilled rims on my pitbikes and my 125. never had an issue.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I have never had an issue with BBR spokes not fitting rims. I know you have to drill the stock hubs but not aftermarket rims or even stock rims for that matter (but I have never laced a Kawi). Well, I was thinking about buying some Pro-Wheels but, this post has helped steer me to not using them.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah... My rear rim had no problems... But when I get home later I'm going to look at it. And get everything drilled...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have no idea Haha. Just take your time, and find a bit that is the same size as your nipples/spokes and drill the rim out.

You can do it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts