PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my SP-5s tonight, started installing them and noticed the steering stem nuts won't thread on. After further evaluation it looks like the threads are nut cut deep enough. Any one else had this problem, or any ideas. Thanx in advance for the help.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
- I know with my thread casher kit I got From snap-on it came with a tool called a " thread file " which has a diff. pitch on each side, total of 8 diff. ones .

- Ron ; can you put up a picture to show us what it looks like ?

I've been working with mine for a few days now so I'm pretty much sick of looking at it . It's like I guess I can say " I know it like the back of my hand . :roll:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help. I also wanted to say thanks to the guys @ Holeshot Motorsports. I sent them an E-mail message @ 11:00 at night, and had a response thirty minutes later. These guys were also kind enough to call me and follow up with how things were going today. When I talked to their mechanic, he really seemed concerned and sorry that my bike was probably going to be down this weekend. Wow, thats what I call customer service. I will definately order from them again.

Thanks Holeshot and sorry to hear about the break in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to let everybody know, BBR was cool and UPSd me a new lower clamp. I installed the SP-5s tonight and everything fits perfect now. :lol:

Man do I need a swing arm though, my bike looks like a Jesse James chopper. What do you guys think of the Classic Honda swing arm, it's just so much less than all the others. :?:

·
Registered
294 Posts
RonJeremy said:
Just wanted to let everybody know, BBR was cool and UPSd me a new lower clamp. I installed the SP-5s tonight and everything fits perfect now. :lol:

Man do I need a swing arm though, my bike looks like a Jesse James chopper. What do you guys think of the Classic Honda swing arm, it's just so much less than all the others. :?:
I thought that classic hondas g-craft swing arms where more than all the other swingarms. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The G-Craft swing arms are Billet and too expensive for my blood. However Classic does sell Black powder coated Cromo. one for $169.00. Looks like a nice piece for the money. I ended up ordering an Atomic 50s swing arm from Holeshot for $159.00 and it should be here by Wed.-Thu. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it installed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
RonJeremy said:
The G-Craft swing arms are Billet and too expensive for my blood. However Classic does sell Black powder coated Cromo. one for $169.00. Looks like a nice piece for the money. I ended up ordering an Atomic 50s swing arm from Holeshot for $159.00 and it should be here by Wed.-Thu. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it installed.
Is the atomic 50s swing arm kind of like a xr 70 swing arm?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.