PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Xr50 Motor with a Brand BBR super Pro Kit ($1000) just installed last week.

heres a link to the kit.

Heres a link to the kits price!

BBR Website Price, Click here

can have actual pictures by the next few days!

stock motor has like 10hrs on it, BBr kit has none!

Motor hasnt even been on a bike to be started BRAND NEW!!!!!

$1000 OBO this is worth over $1,600, folks

The kit is a thousand by itself, let alone the price of a stock motor!

I have references from like 4 other sites and ebay....

Thanks

· Registered
10,051 Posts
At $1000, you'll never sell that motor. I'd look at asking around $700 for it, and you'll be lucky to find a taker, since you can purchase motor parts that will equal or exceed what you have shown above for under $500.

Stock motors go for $300-$400 in used condition.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
if you plan on buying that you might as well pull your pants down and back in there and bend over... o.o

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
z88R said:
At $1000, you'll never sell that motor. I'd look at asking around $700 for it, and you'll be lucky to find a taker, since you can purchase motor parts that will equal or exceed what you have shown above for under $500.

yea u can build a motor that doesnt have BBR parts for $500 bud, remember we are talking top of the line parts here! not Trailbikes parts!

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Do you really think BBR engine parts are made in the USA?

Do you think BBR engine parts are made in Japan?

So what you are saying here is just because the BBR name is slapped on the engine parts, and you overpaid by 100%, they are better than other alternatives out there?

Now that's a laugh...

Please!

Put the motor on ebay, and maybe someone who worships BBR engine parts will pay you for those overpriced parts...

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
z88R said:
Do you really think BBR engine parts are made in the USA?

Do you think BBR engine parts are made in Japan?

So what you are saying here is just because the BBR name is slapped on the engine parts, and you overpaid by 100%, they are better than other alternatives out there?

Now that's a laugh...

Please!

Put the motor on ebay, and maybe someone who worships BBR engine parts will pay you for those overpriced parts...

I really care!!!! All i said was i got the parts that cost a thousand dollars and they are in the motor and it's for sell...Like i want to argue over the interweb, I got the shit, now buy it at a discount price. jeesh

· Registered
12,757 Posts
or just go out and buy a used motor for 300 and sell the stock top end for 75 bucks...

so total spent so far is $225

then go buy a TB 88 kit w/ race head for $420

put that together and you have a 645 dollar motor that will smoke the BBR motor(or give it a damn good run for its money. were you sold on the cam cover they throw in?

only reason we would be telling you this is that EVERYBODY on here knows that equal power can be had for MUCH MUCH less.

do as Z88r stated and put it on ebay......im sure you will find a few people that just click and buy without researching first.

good luck.....you might need it

ok ok...will

· Registered
949 Posts
flappy188 said:
[quote name='PIMPINdaHOES']p.s. show me how you figured its worth over 1700 dollars

2003 stock motor = $600

super pro kit = $1000

im showing not a penny over 1600.

its always a good idea to be honest with potential buyers. ;)

:edit: I changed it to 1,600 u wanker![/quote]

You Wanker :?:

LMAO :!:

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Wanker? 8O

How mature.. :roll:

Throw it on EBAY on the "interweb" thats the only way you'll get what you want or even close to it. and it'll cost you about $65 to ship UPS.

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Really i dont see what you guys are talking about, the BBR big bores arnt any more then the other kits out there. All the top other of the line 88 kits (not including TB, im talking like the SE and superhead motors) range from $800-1300 and that is with out a carb. The BBR kit comes with a carb. What am i missing out on? Why do you guys say they are so overpriced? They arent compared to super heads and SE and other BBKs in that range.

Im not saying this in a jerk kinda way, im just curios (sp?) why you guys think what you think 8)

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Look at the BBR head. It's a standard big valve head, same as DR. ATV, same as Trailbikes, same as the ones on ebay. Cylinders are similar, pistons are similar, rings are similar, cams are similar, and god knows why it comes with an 18mm carb.

You can get similar parts that will perform the same or if not better for 1/2 the cost, and hold up just as long. In other words, you are paying $500 for the BBR name...

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Why are you selling it anyways?

you didn't even ride it with the BBR kit in it? Hmm..

· Registered
12,757 Posts
flappy188 said:
[quote name='z88R']At $1000, you'll never sell that motor. I'd look at asking around $700 for it, and you'll be lucky to find a taker, since you can purchase motor parts that will equal or exceed what you have shown above for under $500.

yea u can build a motor that doesnt have BBR parts for $500 bud, remember we are talking top of the line parts here! not Trailbikes parts![/quote]

"What kind of throttle and cable setup are u using?I

have a TrailBikes Big Bore Kit and i Have no clue which throttle to use.

The Big Bar kit BBR throttle and cable are too short( the bike is at half throttle when used at all times) and i think i fugged up the cable that came with the kit. So which should i use? I need a cheap ass setup....

what r u guys using?"

talkin bad about TB parts saying they are cheap.......then you post a thread askin about YOUR cheapie parts TB kit...lmao

3rdgearpinned - i didnt get your last post.......they arent compared becasue a 88se or superhead will blow away the BBR kit. and its for almost the same price. who cares about the carb as Z stated.....its a 18mm carb. and if you run a race head with large valves...you know darn well that an 18 is much too small for a high output motor........so does that mean this motor isnt a high output motor??? maybe, maybe not. but i do know that if i stuck a 18mm on my 88se it wouldnt have as much power as a 22-24mm. who knows...they could just be selling the completely wrong carb with it so you then have to go purchase a new one adding to the price of the 88 kit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.