PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Forgot about that. Someone that put there anima in a v3 i think had to notch it for the clutch lever on the case. It might not be a problem with a stock 50 frame but you might have to extend the pegs or something bc of the width

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here is what I modified on my V3 with the anima.

1. Right peg mount- machined to allow clearance around the kickstart shaft.
2. Machined custom brake pedal. Over the top will not work. Under the bottom will work with modifications.
3. Swing arm pivot spacer- took the diameter down to clear the engine.

Other than those items, it bolted right up. It should clear the tire on the crf50 perimeter.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is the 190 too much for a 10inch tires. Is it a hand full to ride or controllable?
I had a gpx187 in my BBR 10". It was too touchy. I had to lean way over the front and it would still want to flip. That gpx had a tiny flywheel so I think that was the main reason it was too snappy. In the sand it was good, clay was harder to ride.

The anima 190 should be controllable but it is still a lot of power for a 10". I plan on getting a BBR10" this winter and put a 190 on it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've got dual 12's. It's a bit unconventional but should be fine with that frame and the forks I'm running. I'll find out just how much I need to customize when all of the parts arrive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With a bigger motor you have the torque to pull the taller gearing. When i had the old daytona 150 i had a 13/35 combo(10" rear) because it was all i could get for it the day before the race and i could not even use 1st gear at all. I could have easily done 3rd gear starts. Most of the race i did in 4th and that was a tight supercross type of track. Now if im on a big bike track i run a 16/35 and still do 2nd gear starts, 1st is for the pits.

As for the gearing on the 190, i have one in my LXR and im running 16/37 and i dont even use 4th except for the longest of staraight and im clearing 60ft step ups in 3rd tapped or 4th about half throttle
hahahahah ok (y)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts