PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
What you using it for? Street or off road? How big is the track? I'm not to sure how the gearing goes for that but I would say like a 17/18 front with around a 37 rear?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Gearing is what you prefer,track, blah blah. 184v2-17/37 is what im running for outdoors/speec . 16/37 indoors/torque.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do you have this motor in yet. Can I get pics. I have been thinking about doing this. Im ordering the 190 motor for my trx90. But im thinking about one for my 50

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock on a crf50 is 14t so why would you go bigger? Because of the engine displacement? Wouldn't I need more torque to accelerate faster through turns?

I'll be riding motocross dirt track mostly.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Stock on a crf50 is 14t so why would you go bigger? Because of the engine displacement? Wouldn't I need more torque to accelerate faster through turns?

I'll be riding motocross dirt track mostly.
With a bigger motor you have the torque to pull the taller gearing. When i had the old daytona 150 i had a 13/35 combo(10" rear) because it was all i could get for it the day before the race and i could not even use 1st gear at all. I could have easily done 3rd gear starts. Most of the race i did in 4th and that was a tight supercross type of track. Now if im on a big bike track i run a 16/35 and still do 2nd gear starts, 1st is for the pits.

As for the gearing on the 190, i have one in my LXR and im running 16/37 and i dont even use 4th except for the longest of staraight and im clearing 60ft step ups in 3rd tapped or 4th about half throttle

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks skywalker that was the best answer so far. I think I'll grab 3 sprockets (16-18) but run either a 16 or 17 and see how that goes. 60ft gaps are flippin crazy!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't find any crf50 sprockets that are more than 15 teeth does the Daytona take a different style of drive gear?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep not having much luck at all. I purchased sunstar 14-15's from my Honda dealer but I can't seem to find decent quality 16-18's for the front on a 190. I'm only assuming that the Daytona 190 acts the same as a CRF50. I may be making some calls to get a few recommendations tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Are you saying you are putting the 190 in 50 perimeter frame? Ive heard it wont bolt up because the 190 is a lot bigger than the original 50, I have one and i can believe that it wouldnt fit without modding, its huge. As far has 16+ tooth sprockets check the vendors on here, i always use tbolt and they have them im sure

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I thing the cylinder and head would be too tall and might come close to the front wheel.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I think the issue is more with the width of the clutch cover and kickstarter. I know BBR said in one of their videos that it doesnt fit. The length i dont think would be an issue because the head isnt that much taller than a 155z which dont have issues and the frame is either +1 or +2 over stock i think.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts