PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my pipe came with a disc should i put it on or leave it off ? it also came with a small brass screw peice looks like its used for jetting of some sort what do i do with it ? and is this a low mid or high end pipe, cause it seems a bit crappy on the low end ? maybe i did something wrong ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I HAVE A BBR PIPE ON MY XR50 W/ A KITACO 88cc ULTRA BIG BORE KIT & IT ROCKS LOW THROUGH MID & EVEN WORKS GOOD ENOUGH IN THE HIGH RANGE, I USED IT ON MY BIKE WHEN IT WAS JUST A STOCKER AND IT STILL KICKED ASS. AS FAR AS THE SLIDE THING, I JUST TOSSED IT AND SAVED THE SCREW, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT SH*T IS FOR? :twisted:

·
Registered
248 Posts
BBR Pipe

Yes that brass screw thing is called a Main jet,and the disc thingy goes in the end of the silencer...helps with the low end a little....the main jet helps on the top...wide open....gains on a stock motor are minor...its easy to replace..remove your carb..flip it upside down,remove the 4 screws that hold on the float bowl and pull it off,you will see the main jet in the center of the carb,untread it,screw the new one in and off you go,,,, :wink:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: BBR Pipe

skeezer541 said:
Yes that brass screw thing is called a Main jet,and the disc thingy goes in the end of the silencer...helps with the low end a little....the main jet helps on the top...wide open....gains on a stock motor are minor...its easy to replace..remove your carb..flip it upside down,remove the 4 screws that hold on the float bowl and pull it off,you will see the main jet in the center of the carb,untread it,screw the new one in and off you go,,,, :wink:

What would be the reason for changing the main jet ? my bike isn't backfiring or bogging , all i did was move the clip down 1 and seem to run fine. i can't notice any gains on my stock engine though :( it doesn't seem to pull any harder than stock is this normal ? i am kinda of heavy but come on..lol , would changing the main jet help the low end cause in 2nd or 3rd gear starts the bike barley moves

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If the motor is running fine leave the stock jet in and just drop the needle to lean it out a little.

Pipes don't give that much on a stock motor with the stock carb . I would get a XR70 carb and put it on there then you will get some more bottom end punch . also changing your rear sprocket with maybe a 38 tooth will help your starts :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
ya xr70 carb helps alot me and my friend both hav stock motor and PC pipes but mine has a xr70 carb and its got alot more bottom end.

i bought my 50 with the xr70 carb already on it but does anyone know who big the xr70 carb is, on the honda site it says the 70 has the same size carb as the 50 (i think it says 13mm)?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the bbr on a 18 mm carb and the 81cc tak big bore kit. It hauls "jennifer Lopez" ass dood. Skeez is right about the disk that looks like a big washer... it is supposedly bumps the low end a bit. I never used it. Save that jet.. in case you get a bigger carb.. never know when you will need it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Pipe

The main jet only helps on top,,,,dont expect to notice anything on a stock motor,I didnt and have been racing motocross for 13 years,,,Im puttin in my 88cc kit soon w/20mm carb,that will help. 8O

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats a good size carb for a stock motor i wanna run the stock class and want to keep my bike at 49cc's what mm carb should i go with ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.