PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to get the motor in the bike. I have the top mount in but the bottom bolt that goes though the adaptor to swingarm plate wont fit between the swinger. Whats the trick? Also im running the take 106R motor and the Khi24mm carb and the intake heads strait for the frame. Please help, Thanks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
getting the motor in is a pain!! There is a trick but its just playing with it i can't really explain. As for the carb you can buy a adapter that allows you to attach the intake at almost any direction. That way you can run the carb right down the middle of the frame.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
its going to sounds stupid but this is how I get mine in. Drain the oil in the motor. Flip the complete bike over then flip your motor over :). Place the motor in. This is how I get the motor in and out. Seems to be the best way.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Crippler said:
Make sure you loosen the swingarm axle nut. This makes it soooooooo much easier as it takes the pressure off the frame.

You mean the swingarm pivot nut. THe axle nut will just make it easy to move the wheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanx guys i got the motor in but 1 more thing, What brakes can i run on that frame. Do i have to run disc brakes? My stock brake rod drags on my swingarm. Is there a cheaper way to have disc brakes other then BBR? THanks

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I just didnt run drums...or anything for that matter for a few months untill I could get rear disks. I say save your pennies and get some disks. If you break down the cost its not to bad.

Got pic's yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.