PlanetMinis Forums banner

bbr or sik50s forks

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  OLDSCHOOL 
#1 ·
which would be a better fork setup with a ishock the bbr's or the sik50s?

#9 ·
sick 50s

#10 ·
with what springs and oil jetster?

i cant reccomend either better that the other, i know the sik50s setup has great seal life and a great looking desighn(imo) they are a mx style setup so if that is your thing get those, if you want a bmx style bars and gold anodizing get bbr.

#20 ·
StuntinFive-0 said:
GO WITH THE SP-5 AND CHANGE THE OIL TO 25-30 WEIGHT OIL. THE SP-5 COME WITH THE HEAVY SPRINGS. SOMETIMES THE SIK50'S DON'T.
Well if you order them from sik50's and most other retailers now say heavy duty springs now. I would think you would get what it says, if not, false advertiesment and they gotta give you a pair ;). I'm trying to figure out which ones also. Another thing is i wont have a swinger right off the bat, just a ishock and either sik50's forks or sp5's. What do you think?

#21 ·
SP5's, and if you got the SIK50's, beware when they say heavier duty spring, the mean it, cause the set I rode were pretty stiff and harsh feeling with it, not sure about the normal spring rate models though. Also the Sik50's forks seem to be taller than the BBR's and make the bike sit more chopper. The BBR's definetly have a more plush feel in my opinion and I like them better.

#22 ·
SIK50's you can change to fork oil wt. to make them plusher feeling and BBRs LEAK period All of them old and New...... :lol: The SIK50's DONT I had them for a year and they didnt leak,Tweek or break. now you can get them with the Disc Brake option.

My opinion only....DUDE...... :wink:

Late............OLDSCHOOL

#26 ·
Four Buddys of mine got them 1 old pair 3 new. and they All leak dont know what else to say....... :? I believe its all in how hard you ride or abuse them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.