PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought this MINT stock '07 crf50 with a tb 88 kit on it. Was riding it and then all the sudden the bike bogged out and stalled. Now it doesn't start up. I'm pretty sure I blew it up but the kickstarter isn't locked up and if I try to roll start it it wants to start but is still bogged and died. Now how can I tell if I have a race head or not becuase I want to get a new piston for this thing asap. And what else should I look for that could have caused this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
brainer23 said:
Okay so I bought this MINT stock '07 crf50 with a tb 88 kit on it. Was riding it and then all the sudden the bike bogged out and stalled. Now it doesn't start up. I'm pretty sure I blew it up but the kickstarter isn't locked up and if I try to roll start it it wants to start but is still bogged and died. Now how can I tell if I have a race head or not becuase I want to get a new piston for this thing asap. And what else should I look for that could have caused this?

I would first check the plug. It may be bad or fouled (black). Check the simple things first: spark and compression before you buy things.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zwieblekopf said:
crack it open and take a look inside before you start ordering parts you may or may not need

im mechaniclly inclined but have never ripeed open a motor before so i have no clue what to look for?

nlipshutz said:
It sounds a lot like a fuel issue to me

ill open up the carb now and see if the float is stuck or something like that. but when i drain the fuel from the screw on the carb gas comes out so its not like i dont get any fuel

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
it dont understand why you would think its blown up, these motors are tough even when running big bore kits!

the filters are the biggest problem if riding on dirt there is no air box and the carbs get dirt in them pretty easy even more so in the wet!

check your jets in the carb make sure there not blocked

make sure you have fuel, not just a splash in the bottom of the tank

(made that mistake myself lol)

adjust your valves if you havent done in a while

good luck

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im gonna rip the carb off now and clean it.. hopefully thats it. I just have a problem with buying first and thinking after hahahah.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carb is cleaned new spark plug and still the same thing... it wont turn over. its almost as if i was riding it and turned the key off... and when i try starting it, its the same thing, feels as if the key is off. Next thing to check is the valves.

The black/white wire is unplugged. Is it supposed to be?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Did u tear the top end apart? Sounds more like fuel/ignition isn't firing. Had same issues on his Gs750. Just double check stuff so u dont waste 60-100 on a piston.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts