PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, i just cracked my stock POS hit on my baja motorsports 2007 dr70 and was just about to buy the cylinder head assembly for it when i came across a 50. I come from the go karting world were we bolt on smaller heads for added compression without much loss in flow, but these motors are smaller and run higher rpms so the question is will a 50cc head bolt right onto my 70cc and if so will i gain any performance?thanks ahead of time!

· Registered
893 Posts
I believe they are the same bolt on pattern for the Hondas, but I think the 70 heads might have slightly larger valves. Not sure if this will hold true for a Baja, but I don't think you will see any performance gain especially if the valves are smaller on the 50 head.

· Registered
128 Posts
i have put a honda head on one before but if urs if an 70cc i wouldnt put an 50cc head on it all the 50cc heads i have seen have smaller valves and intake ports so no
performance gain
just my .02 cts

· Registered
752 Posts
bustingknuckles said:
hello guys, i just cracked my stock POS hit on my baja motorsports 2007 dr70 and was just about to buy the cylinder head assembly for it when i came across a 50. I come from the go karting world were we bolt on smaller heads for added compression without much loss in flow, but these motors are smaller and run higher rpms so the question is will a 50cc head bolt right onto my 70cc and if so will i gain any performance?thanks ahead of time!
It will bolt on but no gain in hp

The valves on a stock 50 are about 12mm intake and 10 mm exhaust.
A cheap head is the e22 head, large valves and a good intake runner. If you want more power inlarge the bore or stroke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.