PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been seeing a lot of people saying to run the stock 70 head on a CRF50 w/ 88 kit for improved flow. I have a spare Baja 47mm motor. I'm wondering if anybody has SUCCESSFULLY mated a Baja head to a CRF jug? I'm assuming it'll probably be okay????

·
Banned
1 Posts
Should be a regular 23/20 e22, and bolt right on. Without swapping to a domed piston, you'll lose some compression and torque, but it should still be faster overall, especially if you have a TB 88 kit for the 50 head. Still has some dome, instead of Kitaco dish. Juggle gaskets to get a nice tight .75mm piston/head clearance and you should have a good runner.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firepower354 said:
Should be a regular 23/20 e22, and bolt right on. Without swapping to a domed piston, you'll lose some compression and torque, but it should still be faster overall, especially if you have a TB 88 kit for the 50 head. Still has some dome, instead of Kitaco dish. Juggle gaskets to get a nice tight .75mm piston/head clearance and you should have a good runner.

I have the TB stage 1 kit for the 50 head it has a pretty much flat top piston, with two small valve reliefs. How much are HG's and what thicknesses would you recommend I try first?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts