PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, I have been totally inactive from the pitbike scene for roughly 7 years now. Quick run down, years ago we had a 2002 klx, had a power core 4 and some sort of aftermarket shock, paoli? Never heard of it but has a huge resi on it..anyways, second gear blew out and I purchased a used bottom end from a member on here. 2005 bottom end and if I remember correctly, stroker crank, hd output shaft, manual clutch kit, 4 spd drum and a close ratio 4 speed. I was young and dumb at the time..probably 16..and slapped this motor back together. It never ran right and I just totally abandoned it. Now, years later and being an adult, whopping 24 with 3 youngins, I’ve decided to yank it out of the storage trailer and mess with it, obviously told momma I had to fix it for the kids but I can see myself playing on it more..lol. Anyways, power washed it and got her to the basement, and on Black Friday put a decent order in with tbolt..got the 143 kit with v2 head and 26mm carb, along with a cdi box, primary drive gear, piranha t4 replica exhaust, cradle mount, and the tb dnm shock. Probably ordered a few more things I’d have to check the order but for now I’m waiting on these parts to ship out and get here! In the mean time I will begin the tear down! Couple of questions though, is there any way I can verify the stroker crank and the close ratio tranny? I don’t think my seller lied to me I just wanna know for sure..I’ve read the stroker crank has a “b” on the rod? It’s been many years since I’ve even dig into these things but from a little recent research not much has changed at all in the aftermarket world..I plan to keep you all updated on this baby and come to y’all for any trouble shooting! Couple quick pics before I carried her down..luckily I was able to find the plastics hidden in a separate box 🇺🇸😂

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little progress tonight..got motivated enough to pull the motor and tear it down..gosh these bikes are easy..took maybe an hour and a half and that’s with dinner..got her all stuffed with rags and ready for the bbk🤗🇺🇸

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright guys! Got a huge pile of parts yesterday and got around to getting her together! Few minor issues I had to overcome so didn’t get any pics of it going together, and once I finally did had no spark and found out my kill switch is bad, and so is my pet cock so I’ll have to do a little rigging there..ran it for one heat cycle and wow I was babying it but I could tell there is power there! Power seemed smooth but the pipe started glowing so I know it’s lean, and I couldn’t seem to get the idle tamed down..so needs some carb tweaking..any ideas there? I played with the idle screw but maybe the mixture screw needs richened up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is unreal how easy and convenient it is to work on these small bikes. When i did the big bore kit on my ttr110 i think the most time consuming part was measuring and filing ring gap lol. Good luck keep us posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts