PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Avid + Brake Light - How ?

Got a ticket today so its something that I have to do now.
If i have to cut the brake lines and ad a pressure switch so be it
Open for suggestions
Thank you

My wife told me to go out and get her something that would make her look sexy
So I went out and got drunk

·
Super Moderator
9,738 Posts
The bike shown in this post appears to have a pressure switch mounted right to the rear master cylinder, maybe contact cbinvb and see what he used.

Also, some little Chinese quads have a handlebar mounted master cylinder with a micro switch that activates a rear brake light.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been out of town for a bit, OK well the calipers that are shown in aren't compatible with motopeds....The same goes for the reservoir mounted on the handlebar and there is no pace on the Avid Elxir to put the pressure switch shown above by XLr8r.
I do appreciate the options you guys have taken the time to post here though, nonetheless i am out of time now so i was forced to stick a small temporary switch on the brake leve to get my ticket signed off

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
preasure.jpg OK does anyone know the operating pressure of the avid elixir brake calipers, time to cut the lines and ad a pressure switch but i would like to have the proper one on hand before i cut the line in two / guess I'm going this route. Magura.com / preasure switch $45.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts